"Shop Small" on Small Business Saturday
With Black Friday comes the aftermath of the crowds and chaos, but for businesses it is the day after one of the busiest times of the year. Small, Local and Independent business are participating in Small Business Saturday (SMS), which is a day of celebration for all that they do in their communities.
Small Business Saturday was an initiative that was started by ‘American Express’, a BBB Accredited Business. BBB has provided support for this initiative for the fourth year in a row and urges consumer to support the small businesses in your community with some tips on shopping small.
- GET INVOLVED: Many communities host special events and being involved in SBS shows that you support the businesses that make your community unique. You can find out what events are happening by visiting the local Chamber.
- RESEARCH: By checking out businesses ahead of time you can find out the experiences of past consumers at bbb.org. Find out what stores and businesses in your area are participating in Small Business Saturday at shopsmall.org.
- Email Alerts: Sign up to receive small business emails!
- Social Media: Many Small Businesses advertise on social media, so be sure to check those outlets for your favorite small business.
- Invite Friends and Family: Enjoy time with loved ones while you shop at your favorite small business.
- Gift Receipts and Warranty Info: Give gift receipts and warranty information to those you are gifting.
- Share Your Experience: Take a selfie at your favorite small business and share it on social media with the #BBB hashtag!
For this any more information visit bbb.org. Happy shopping!