Summer travel can be hectic as more families head out on vacation during this time of year. The last thing anyone needs during these busy travel months is for something to go wrong with your travel plans booked through an online travel agency. Better Business Bureau serving San Diego, Orange and Imperial Counties is putting out a warning about JustFly.com, an online travel agency that has acquired more than 250+ complaints, earning an F rating by the BBB.
Specifically, the complaints allege:
- Complaints from customers included discrepancies in the quoted price versus the actual charge on the traveler’s credit card.
- Incorrect spelling of the traveler’s name, necessitating changes that have resulted in additional fees to the consumer by both the airline and Justfly.com
- Booking the wrong time and date of flights.
- No confirmation numbers emailed as promised.
- No customer service for the traveler to attempt to fix travel issue.
- Higher cancellation fees than originally specified.
BBB offers the following advice when booking online travel:
- Start your research at bbb.org. Read complaints and reviews from previous customers.
- Buy directly from the airline, hotel, or cruise line, or use a local travel agency or well-known aggregator with a good BBB rating.
- Be wary of claims of enormous savings, “best deal” guarantees, and any statement you cannot verify prior to making a purchase.
- When doing business with a travel agency for the first time, check to see if they are a member of a recognized association such as the American Society of Travel Agents in the United States or the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies in Canada.
- Double check all details such as travel dates, itineraries, destinations, and travelers’ information before confirming payment, as you may be charged for amendments.
- Pay by credit card so you have additional protections if there is a company error.
For more consumer alerts and other news, check out BBB's News Blog. If you have any question or concerns, please visit bbb.org or call (858) 496-2131.