Are you looking for a FREE guest speaker at your next meeting, group gathering, work luncheon or radio/tv show? Look no further!
The mission of Better Business Bureau is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. To further our mission, we would be pleased to send a member of our professional staff to speak to your organization at no charge! We are happy to prepare presentations for:
· Business and civic organizations
· Rotaries and Chambers of Commerce
· Senior citizens’ groups
· High schools
· Adult education classes
· Religious groups
· and other local organizations
We can present one of our popular topics or prepare something of particular interest to your group that relates to BBB's work. Presentations can be given as a speech, PowerPoint lecture, classroom instruction, or in a format that works for your group. BBB will also distribute free educational brochures pertaining to your topic of interest.
Some of BBB's Most Popular Speaking Topics include:
· Outsmarting Investment Fraud - This is BBB's NEWEST program offering in conjunction with FINRA Investor Education Foundation! Learn about the psychology of a scam and how to protect yourself from investment fraud...Remember that anyone can become a victim, so join BBB in becoming a Fraud Fighter! Check out BBB Smart Investing for more information on this subject.
· Senior Scoop - Did you know that over 50% of fraud victims are senior citizens? It's unfortunate that older Americans are the fastest growing segment of the population to be victimized by fraud and schemes. Learn about the most common scams to target seniors and how to protect yourself and loved ones from becoming a victim.
·What is BBB? - Nationally, the Better Business Bureau has been around for over 100 years aiding people in making wise buying and hiring decisions. Learn all about BBB's history, free programs and services provided to consumers and businesses and how to use BBB as a resource.
· Scams and Fraud - BBB will discuss the latest scams and fraud that are targeting Western PA consumers at home, at work and on the internet. Learn how to recognize the warning signs of a potential scam and how to report scams to BBB through BBB Scam Tracker.
· Protecting Your Identity - Identity theft is the fastest growing white-collar crime in the United States and one incident of ID fraud occurs every three seconds! Learn about the red flags of identity theft and type of information identity thieves are after, different examples of identity theft scams and what to do if you or someone you know becomes a victim of an identity thief.
· Giving Wisely to Charities - During this educational session, BBB will discuss BBB Wise Giving Alliance and its Standards for Charity Accountability, as well as tips on how to choose a trustworthy charity and avoid losing your hard-earned money to a fraudulent charity or scam.
· Hiring a Home Improvement Contractor - During this helpful session for homeowners, BBB will provide important tips for hiring a home improvement contractor and understanding home improvement contracts. Learn about your rights and responsibilities as a homeowner and how to avoid falling for a home improvement scheme.
· BBB Military Line - Our military members, veterans and their families are often targeted by scammers due to their unique lifestyles. During this presentation, the free services of BBB Military Line will be discussed, along with the most common scams targeting military and how to identify them.
· Investing in Higher Education for Military and Veterans - Are you a member of the military or a veteran who is in the process of determining whether to pursue a higher education or selecting the right school to fit your needs? This helpful BBB session teaches critical aspects involved with navigating the post-high school terrain, using the GI Bill benefit and avoiding scams pertaining to higher education.
· Scams Targeting Businesses - While many people think that consumers are the #1 target for fraud, the reality is that businesses actually lose more money. In this presentation, BBB will highlight some of the most common scams that target businesses and their employees and discuss ways to prevent becoming a victim. Examples of such scams include office supply and paper pirates, phony invoices, directory scams and more.
· Ethics in Business - Your Better Business Bureau's mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust and our vision is an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers trust each other. Learn how BBB supports strong business ethics through setting standards for trust, encouraging and supporting best practices in business, celebrating marketplace role models, addressing substandard marketplace behavior and creating a community of trustworthy businesses.
· Other popular topics that can be combined with presentations include:
Presentations usually last 30 minutes and may be followed with a question and answer session. Requests for longer presentations and luncheon keynote remarks are also welcome. There is no charge for this service.
We appreciate requests from the community to address issues of concerns to seniors and students, those newcomers to the marketplace, or those on fixed incomes to promote the use of good buying practices.
Find an upcoming BBB event or BBB Speakers Bureau program near you!
To arrange a presentation by a BBB representative in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas, contact us at 877.267.5222 x 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.
To arrange a presentation by a BBB representative in Erie and surrounding communities, contact Pamela Marlowe at 877.267.5222 x 134 or email@example.com.