93 years in business
Headquarters1415 Murfreesboro Road
Genesco Park, Room 490
Nashville, TN 37217-2895
Additional Phone Numbers
- (931) 221-0600
- (800) 345-6983
- (615) 367-7997
- (615) 367-8283
- (800) 424-2854
- (615) 866-6765
- (866) 597-5439
- (931) 553-2100
Additional Website Addresses
Find a Location
Type of EntityCorporation
- Mr. Ben T. Harris, CEO
- Ms. Claire McCall, Corporate Relations
- Mr. Hal N. Pennington, Chairman
- Mr. John W. Clinard, VP Administration & HR
- Mrs. Angela K. Dunn, Dir HR
- Ms. Sharon Nielsen, Corporate Relations Asst.
- Ms. Jessica Sayer, Customer Service Manager
- Ms. Laura Hatley, CS Manager
- Mr. Andy Gilbert, President
- Mr. Hal N Pennington, CEO
- Mr. Kalvin Giordano, Manager
- Principal: Mr. Robert Dennis, President & CEO
- Customer Service: Mr. Jamie Caves, Contact Center Operations Coordinator
- Shoes - Wholesale & Manufacturers
- Hats - Retail
- Rubber Clothing & Footwear
- Shoes - Retail
- Clothing - Retail
- Product Development & Marketing
Alternate Business Names
- Johnston & Murphy
- Stone & Co.
- Underground Station
- Shi by Journeys
- Dockers Footwear
- Journeys Kidz
- Lids Locker Room
Genesco Inc. is a Nashville-based specialty retailer that sells footwear, headwear, and accessories in more than 2,225 retail stores in the United States & Canada.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.