34 years in business
Headquarters3001 Armory Dr Ste 100
Nashville, TN 37204-3711
Additional Phone Numbers
- (731) 422-9992
- (615) 896-2261
- (866) 837-8110
- (615) 269-4382
- (615) 407-0195
- (800) 866-6486
- (615) 269-4448
- (615) 695-6524
- (931) 645-6367
- (843) 236-1969
Find a Location
- Principal: Mr. John Cerasuolo, President & CEO
- Mr Jim Bayless, Operations Manager
- Domenic Cipollone, VP/General Manager
- Ms. Lauren Conger, Marketing Assistant
- Mr. Craig Leyers, Sr. VP Sales & Marketing
- Mr. Ernie McDaniel, CFO/EVP
- Mr. Robin Miles, Branch Manager
- Ms. Kristin Milner, Director of Marketing
- Ms. Lela Mullins, Senior VP of Monitoring
- Tom Szell, Sr. VP East Region/Corporate Services
- Customer Service: Ms. Melanie Edwards, Customer Care Specialist
- Security Control Equipment & System Monitors
- Fire & Smoke Alarm Systems
- Video Equipment - Sales & Rentals
- Automation Consultants
- Burglar Alarm Systems - Dealers, Monitoring & Service
- Surveillance Equipment, Sales & Service
- Access Control Systems
- Security Systems Consultants
- Automation Systems & Equipment
- Video Equipment - Supplies & Parts
Service AreaThis company also serves Nashville, Chattanooga, Jackson, Oak Ridge TN; Paducah KY, Huntsville, Cullman, Gadsden, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa AL; Augusta and Savannah GA, Columbus MS, Columbia SC and Hilton Head SC.
Alternate Business Names
- ADS Security, LP
- Guardian Security
- Advanced Electronic Solutions
- American Burglar and Fire Alarm
- ProTec Plus, Inc.
Licensing, Bonding or RegistrationThis business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
This company offers the electronic monitoring, sale, installation, and repair of residential and commercial security systems.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.