Senior Citizens Top Ten Red Flags
TOP TEN RED FLAGS
If you answer “yes” to any of the following, contact your BBB.
- Have you received a phone call asking for your personal information, bank account or credit card numbers, or Medicare ID number?
- Did you receive a check in the mail with a letter stating you’ve won a sweepstakes or prize?
- Has someone knocked on your door selling products or services (like a roofer offering a discount or an individual selling magazines or home alarm installation)?
- Were you are asked to pay upfront fees?
- Does it sound too good to be true?
- Have you been asked to wire transfer money?
- Were you offered a “free gift” or “free” medical supplies (in exchange for personal information, including your Medicare number)?
- Have you noticed you aren’t receiving statements in the mail that you used to receive monthly?
- Have you found unexpected charges to your bank account or credit card?
- Did a charity you’ve never heard of call or write to thank you for your donation?