32 years in business180 N. Mesa Hills Dr.
El Paso, TX 79912
- (915) 542-1456
Additional Phone Numbers
- (915) 584-2469
- (915) 593-6068
- (915) 594-9015
- (915) 751-6670
- (915) 855-2706
- (915) 751-6271
- (915) 591-4781
- (915) 845-5608
- (915) 584-2368
- (915) 858-4344
- (915) 532-7574
- (915) 593-6796
- (915) 591-2919
- (915) 877-5521
- (915) 584-6664
- (915) 857-3562
- (915) 921-0000
Find a Location
BBB File Opened: 03/22/1990
Business Started: 03/16/1986
Business Started Locally: 03/16/1986
- Principal: Eduardo Rodriguez, General Manager
- Carmen Aguirre, Manager
- Isabel Aleman, Manager
- Shannon Ansell, Manager
- Ms. Ann Barney, Location Manager
- Juana De La Cruz, Manager
- Connine Dominguez, Manager
- John Ramirez, Manager
- Mrs. Elsa Ruiz, Location Manager
- Eloy Vallina, President
- Martha Valtierra, Manager
- Leticia G. Venzor, Controller
- Yvette Yanez, Manager
- Customer Service: Gilbert Portillo, General Manager
- Dry Cleaners
- Many local municipalities, townships, and counties have registration, bonding and/or licensing requirements. The BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met. Permit and license re...
- Many local municipalities, townships, and counties have registration, bonding and/or licensing requirements. The BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met. Permit and license requirements for regulated industries in the City of El Paso can be viewed at the following website: http://www.elpasotexas.gov/development_services/contractor2.asp Or by calling: 915-212-0104
Products & ServicesThis company offers dry cleaning and laundry services.
Number of Employees:100
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for one year from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.