We are seeking a senior-level HR Director who is mission driven, self-motivated, and hands-on. This position is ideal for someone with demonstrated experience in advising senior leadership in all HR related matters. The Director will work closely with the leadership team to execute the organization's initiatives in order to meet its strategic needs. He/she will have the functional responsibility of leading the department in the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function and must also be willing to “roll up their sleeves” to get the job done.
The incumbent must have experience in driving organizational culture change and enjoy building HR infrastructures. He/she must also be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in environments focused on problem solving and finding solutions. The HR Director manages one individual and reports directly to our Strategic HR Advisor and indirectly to the CEO.
Additional responsibilities for this position include:
- Strategic planning and executing HR programs, practices and procedures on all HR issues and concerns
- Providing expertise to senior staff in the creation, development, and evaluation of staff performance goals and associated metrics within each Line of Business to measure against performance; developing and documenting strategies and implementation tools to improve and standardize all aspects of performance management including individual metrics, performance reviews and compensation practices.
- Recommending, evaluating and sourcing training and professional development programs to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Establishing and communicating HR policies and procedures. Ensure equal employment opportunities and fair and consistent administration and application of all policies and procedures. Maintain/revise policy manual as needed in accordance with legal requirements and/or business needs.
- Leading the review, preparation and administration of the organization’s compensation plan and policies.
- Managing the annual employee engagement survey; conducting analysis of information collected, identifying areas of improving and providing suggestions for action; designing and implementing programs to further improve employee engagement and morale.
- Overseeing the selection of health benefits to include medical, dental, flexible spending plans, disability, life insurance and supplemental voluntary employee paid policies.
- Administrative and fiduciary responsible for the organization’s 401(k) plan. Responsible for plan compliance including annual plan audit.
- Handling employee relations issues and complaints including progressive discipline, employee counseling and supervisory and management development.
- Providing oversight to full employment lifecycle including recruitment process, onboarding and off-boarding
- Overseeing the bi-weekly payroll, ensuring accuracy and compliance as a multi-state employer.
- Direct management and oversight of HRIS to ensure the system meets the organization’s needs and meets compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in HR or business administration; Master’s degree preferred. Professional HR certification highly desirable
- A minimum of 12-15 years of progressively responsible experience within HR. Experience managing an HR department strongly preferred
- Strong HR Generalist background with demonstrated experience in Change Management, Organizational Culture and Development, & Training and Development
- Strong diplomacy and mediation skills
- Must have good judgement and decision making skills
- Good leadership skills with a proven ability to influence others
- Experience administering employee benefit plans, and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs, third party record keeping/administration, and ACA
- Strong working understanding of COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, FLSA, ADA and related state and federal regulations required
We are located one block from the Clarendon Metro in Arlington, VA and offer great benefits including medical and dental plans, 401(k) contributions with immediate participation, and telecommuting options by arrangement. Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and a resume with salary requirements indicating the position they are interested in within the Subject line to email@example.com by November 30. EOE.
For more than 100 years, Better Business Bureaus have been helping people find businesses, brands and charities they can trust. Council of Better Business Bureaus is the umbrella organization for the local, independent BBBs in the United States, Canada and Mexico, as well as home to its national and international programs on dispute resolution, advertising review, and industry self-regulation.