Since 2004, BBB Military Line has provided free resources to our military communities in the areas of financial literacy and consumer protection through the efforts of 113 BBBs across the U.S.
The five main components of the program are:
1. Education - Many Local BBBs on and around military installations teach financial readiness classes to service members.
2. Outreach - We attend and support community fairs, conferences and other events, speaking with service members and distributing information.
3. Information - Our website provides a one stop shop for articles, links and consumer alerts for each branch of service. Check out our resources page for free consumer guides written just for military members and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
4. Data Collection - We analyze BBB data to help identify the threats and needs of our military community in the marketplace.
5. Complaint and Dispute Resolution - Filing a complaint with BBB helps military consumers resolve disputes and alert us to issues affecting the military community at large.
BBB Military Line is an educational foundation, a program of the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust, a 501(c)(3) educational foundation providing consumer education and advocacy for military consumers and their families, both in their communities and online.
Consumer Information - Making Informed Decisions
Need a consumer issues subject matter expert? Your BBB provides speakers who work in the world of consumer issues and protection.
Have an issue with a company or other kind of consumer problem? We can help!