Travelers Companies, Inc.
165 years in business
Headquarters1 Tower Sq Stop 8A
Hartford, CT 06183-0001
Additional Phone Numbers
- (860) 277-0111
Additional Email Addresses
Find a Location
BBB File Opened: 03/01/1928
Business Started: 01/01/1853
Business Incorporated: 04/01/2004 in MN
Type of EntityCorporation
- Ms. Denise J. Sailer, Director of Customer Relations
- Insurance Companies
- Auto Insurance
- Fire Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Property Insurance
- Insurance Consultant
- Insurance Services Office
Service AreaWe service the following area(s): Connecticut
Alternate Business Names
- American Equity Insurance Company
- American Equity Specialty Insurance Company
- Consumer County Mutual
- Discover Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Discover Specialty Insurance Company
- Farmington Casualty Company
- Fidelity and Guaranty Insurance Company
- Fidelity and Guaranty Insurance Underwriters, Inc
- First Floridan Auto and Home Insurance Company
- Pacific Select Insurance Company
- Premiere Insurance Associates
- Seaboard Surety Company
- St Paul Fire and Casualty Insurance Company
- St Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company
- St Paul Guardian Insurance Company
- St Paul Protective Insurance Company
- St. Paul Medical Liability Insurance Company
- St. Paul Mercury Insurance Company
- St. Paul Surplus Lines Insurance Company
- The Automobile Insurance Company of Hartford, CT
- The Charter Oak Fire Insurance Company
- The Phoenix Insurance Company
- The Premier Insurance Company of Massachusetts
- The Standard Fire Insurance Company
- The Travelers Home and Marine Insurance Company
- The Travelers Indemnity Company of America
- The Travelers Indemnity Company of Connecticut
- The Travelers Lloyds Insurance Company
- Travco Insurance Company
- Travelers Auto Insurance Company of New Jersey
- Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America
- Travelers Casualty Company of Connecticut
- Travelers Casualty Insurance Company of America
- Travelers Commercial Casualty Company
- Travelers Commercial Insurance Company
- Travelers Excess and Surplus Lines Company
- Travelers Insurance Companies
- Travelers Lloyds of Texas Insurance Company
- Travelers Personal Insurance Company
- Travelers Personal Security Insurance Company
- Travelers Property Casualty Company of America
- Travelers Property Casualty Insurance Company
- United States Fidelity and Guaranty Company
Licensing, Bonding or RegistrationThis business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
Travelers Companies, Inc. offers insurance products and services; home owners, renters, auto, boat, flood, identity theft, wedding and umbrella.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for one year from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.