The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
207 years in business
Headquarters1 Hartford Plz
Hartford, CT 06155-0001
- (860) 547-6343
Additional Phone Numbers
- (860) 547-4727
- (800) 331-7234
- (800) 521-0538
Additional Website Addresses
Find a Location
BBB File Opened: 02/01/1932
Business Started: 05/10/1810
Business Incorporated: 12/18/1986 in DE
Type of EntityCorporation
- Mr. Douglas Elliot, President
- Insurance Companies
- Insurance - Accident & Health
- Insurance - Auto
- Insurance - Property
- Insurance Services
Service AreaThe Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide.
Alternate Business Names
- Hartford Casualty Insurance Company
- Twin City Fire Insurance Company
- Pacific Insurance Co, Limited
- Sentinel Insurance Company
- Hartford Lloyd's Insurance Company
- Trumbull Insurance Company
- Nutmeg Insurance Company
- Property & Casualty Ins. Co. of Hartford
- Hartford Life & Accident Insurance Company
- Hart Life Insurance (Alpine Life Insurance)
- Servus Life Insurance Co (Royal Life)
- Hartford International Life Reassurance Corporation
- Hartford Insurance Company of the Southeast
- Hartford Insurance Company of the Midwest
- Hartford Insurance Company of Illinois
- Hartford Fire Insurance Company
- Hartford Accident and Indemnity Company
- Champlain Life Reinsurance Company
- First State Insurance Company
- American Maturity Life Insurance Company
- Hartford Life Investment Products Services
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. offers insurance benefit management products and services.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.