Protective Life Insurance Company
110 years in business2801 Highway 280 South
Birmingham, AL 35223-2407
- (888) 874-0715
- (866) 638-8722
Additional Phone Numbers
- (847) 948-8988
- (800) 848-5870
- (800) 323-5771
- (800) 222-2721
- (800) 841-4777
- (800) 220-3584
- (630) 285-9077
- (800) 565-3827
- (773) 528-8097
- (205) 879-9230
- (800) 866-3050
- (800) 321-9313
- (800) 627-0220
- (800) 670-6032
- (800) 261-1660
- (800) 771-6860
Additional Email Addresses
BBB File Opened: 04/13/1987
Business Started: 07/24/1907
Business Started Locally: 07/24/1907
Business Incorporated: 07/24/1907 in TN
Type of EntityCorporation
- Mr. John D. Johns, President & CEO
- Ms. Lynn W. Williams, Senior Associate Counsel
- Insurance - Life
- Insurance Companies
- Insurance - Auto
- Insurance Claim Processing Services
- Consumer Finance & Loan Companies
- Insurance Services
- NAICS: Insurance Agencies and Brokerages
Alternate Business Names
- Buyers Vehicle Protection Plan
- The Advantage Warranty Corp.
- Acceleration Natl. Service Corp.
- Asset Protection Division
- Cost Guard
- Co$tGuard Accelerated National Service
- Advantage Preferred
- Protective Consumer Direct
- Protective Dental Network
- Protective Life Network
- Chase Life Insurance and Annuity Co.
- Guaranteed Asset Protection
- Protective Life Insurance
- Prizm Administrative Solutions
- Prizm Group
- The Protective Advantage Warranty Corporation
- National Warranty of Florida
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.