September 30, 2017 - September 30, 2017 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Better Business Bureau in Asheville is partnering with Shred It for a FREE Shredding Event on Saturday, September 30 from 9 am to 12 pm. The event will take place at the BBB office, located at 112 Executive Park.
What should you keep and what should you throw away? BBB recommends that you adhere to the following retention schedule for these common documents:
- Credit card statements – ONE YEAR
- Bank statements – THREE YEARS
- Expired contracts, mortgages or leases – SEVEN YEARS
- Canceled checks, stocks or bonds – SEVEN YEARS
- Withholding tax statements – SEVEN YEARS
- Property records and appraisals – PERMANENTLY
- Tax returns and worksheets – PERMANENTLY
- Insurances records, claims, accident reports, etc. – PERMANENTLY
- Legal correspondence – PERMANENTLY
For any other questions, please call 704-927-8611.