Frequently Asked Questions About Complaints

Do you charge for your services?

We provide Business Reviews and handle consumer complaints at no cost to individuals. A small fee may apply to our arbitration services.

Does the Company have to be a BBB Accredited Business for you to handle my complaint?

No, BBB pursues complaints concerning both Accredited Businesses and non-accredited businesses.

Is BBB a consumer protection agency?

No, BBB is a neutral third party working together with both consumers and businesses, ideally to reach a resolution that is satisfactory for both.

How can I file a complaint?

The quickest and easiest way to file your complaint is online (https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started) or mail your complaint to: BBB, 1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 303, Halifax, NS B3J 3J8. If mailing, be sure to include your name and contact information, the business name and contact information, what the complaint is concerning and what resolution you are looking for.

Do I have to submit my complaint in writing?

Yes. Since you are the one who is experiencing the issue, no one else has the perspective you have. If we took the complaint over the telephone, then we might misconstrue critical details which may confuse the situation further.

What happens once I submit my complaint?

Please follow this link for detailed information on our complaint process.

Can you make the company do what I want them to do?

BBB is a not for profit organization that is independent of government and has no legal authority to enforce a settlement. However, most companies respond to complaints and make a good faith effort to resolve consumer concerns. We cannot guarantee a satisfactory outcome.

What happens if the company does not respond to my complaint?

The complaint will be closed as unanswered and it may have an impact on the company’s BBB rating. You will be referred to the appropriate government agency, if applicable, or to the courts for further assistance.

Will the BBB provide inspection services for my complaint?

No, BBB does not perform inspections, such as health inspections, building code inspections, product or service inspections/evaluations, etc.