In the wake of yet another round of severe flooding across Acadiana over the last two days, Better Business Bureau Serving Acadiana is warning homeowners and businesses affected by the disaster to beware “storm chasers” and out-of-town contractors soliciting business.
Remember the lessons learned last August! Although not all storm chasers are scammers, they may lack the proper licensing for your area, offer quick fixes, or make big promises they can’t deliver.
BBB offers the following tips for victims of natural disasters:
• Find businesses you can trust at bbb.org/acadiana.
• Get at least three estimates.
• Get a written contract.
• Resist high-pressure sales.
• Be especially careful of door-to-door contractors.
• Don’t pay for the job in advance.
• Be careful allowing someone you do not know to inspect your roof.
“Look for the Seal” and Start with Trust®. BBB Serving Acadiana works for a trustworthy marketplace by maintaining standards for truthful advertising, investigating and exposing fraud against consumers and businesses.
Please contact Better Business Bureau at bbb.org or (337) 981-3497 24 hours a day for information on businesses throughout North America.
BBB Serving Acadiana services the parishes of Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Martin, St. Landry and Vermilion.