Program Benefits and Eligibility Requirements
What’s in it for eligible BBB Accredited Businesses?
- 4 percent premium discount on workers’ compensation insurance
- Potential for annual dividend
(The Safety Group has returned more than $10 million in dividends to Accredited Businesses enrolled in the program)
Access to an array of services, including:
- Educational seminars
- Safety programs
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Claims management
- Legal services provided by Pinnacol
- Loss-control resources
- Assistance in establishing safe working conditions
- File workers’ comp claims online
- Easily access claims and policy information.
Program Eligibility Requirements
Effective for businesses placed in the program beginning Jan. 1, 2013
• Two full-term policy periods of continuous experience, excluding current period
MAXIMUM LOSS RATIO
≤ 55% net uncapped loss ratio in either:
- All but one full-term policy period, using up to four most recent, full-term policy periods; or
- Cumulatively using up to the four most recent, full-term policy periods
- Experience excludes the current policy period
- Losses evaluated up to nine months after policy expiration date
PINNACOL-APPROVED SAFETY SEMINAR ATTENDANCE
- Two per year, minimum
- One must be specific to BBB. Training is planned in Front Range and mountain communities, and resources are available online
UNDERWRITING EVALUATION OF SAFETY AND CLAIMS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- Provide proof of effective hiring, risk and claims management programs
- Demonstrate management commitment to creating a safe workplace
- Implement a return-to-work program
- Designate and utilize Pinnacol SelectNet providers
- Rural exception for physical locations without a SelectNet provider within 30 miles.
Members of this Safety Group Program must maintain BBB Accreditation to remain eligible.
For more information, contact Betti Seay at 970-488-2031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.