Educational Consumer Tips
Better Business Bureau
Laptops are very important in our daily lives. We use them for both work and leisure. We have gotten so used to having them around that we don't really even think about how they could easily be stolen away from us. It could be just the smallest minor distraction and then your laptop has completely vanished. Also, keep in mind that now all of your personal information could be in the hands of someone who could use it for malicious purposes. Below are some tips to keep your laptop secure and make sure you don't have to deal with the repercussions of a lost laptop.
- Treat your laptop like cash
- Lock your laptop with a security cable
- Be on guard when you are in public settings
- Consider an alarm for your laptop
- Think about carrying your laptop in something less obvious than a laptop case.
- Leave your laptop unattended at any time
- Place your laptop on the floor
- Leave your laptop in your vehicle
- Keep your passwords in your laptops or its case.