BBB Accredited Business since 07/01/2003

Professional Roofing Services, LLC

09/06/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

My roof and siding have been leaking everyday it has rained in ***********. I have email and left messages for the last 4 weeks.
Master bedroom leaking causing Sheetrock damage. Water is entering behind the siding and found a path to my back door entering my house.

I just want all water leaks fixed and my damaged sheet rock replaced.

The home in question was damaged by the recent storms. The winds accompanying these storms were recorded in the area of the home to be over 80mph and exceeded the limitations of the materials used and were far above the warranty threshold. This is a homeowner insured peril/Act of God and should be treated as such. This determination was made based on an onsite physical inspection as well as the evidence of no issues for the previous years the product was on the home and the issues starting with the extreme weather date. The homeowner is instructed to contact their insurance company.

This has become a he said she said scenario. From **** to ****, my wife and I have only spoken with ******, the sales rep for Professional roofing, so if I am not responding to this person this has become a moot point. If this is ******, you would remember in **** we had a discussion about these leaks prior to the roof installation and the cause you identified about the windows. The windows on the upper floor had to be replaced and needed to be wrapped in such a way so that the water would not enter the house between the window and the roof. You even took me up on the roof to show me what would have to be done to fix this problem. So my wife and I decided to replace all the windows and prepare for siding in ****. In ****, we were approached by Professional roofing because they were just starting to do siding and knew we were getting ready to do our siding at the same time. We agreed to the installation not just for the improvement of the house but knowing that professional roofing new the history of our upstairs windows. And, it is clearly shown in the work that was completed because of the extra length of wrap on the bottom side of the windows. The owner and I did speak during the installation and I was greatly appreciative with all the hard work his crew has done. Even after the storm this summer, he is referring too; we called him about the wraps that blew off the south side of our house during the storm. The owner and his helper came out with-in a couple days to see if there was any more damage. They were surprised that was the only wind damage that could be identify and couldn't believe that there was not identifying any hail damage. But, before they left they said they would make copies of the damaged wraps so they can install them when they had free time (not completed yet). To make this short, Professional Roofing new about the history of these leaks and confident they could fix this problem. My insurance company was recently called and they said it is an installation problem. I agree with the insurance agent because I have identified where one of the leaks is coming from and no amount of wind could cause this problem. After finally contact ********** (professional roofing phone number) the other person on the line said they were out of business. If this is correct and I am not talking with ****** this is a moot point but I have said my peace. Sorry for the inconvenience to the BBB.

The homeowner implies that the roof and siding were installed at the same time. The roof was actually replaced in November of **** after a storm event at that time. The home owner discussed installing siding to improve the looks of the home at that time. There was no mention of roof or siding leaks at that time. The owner was happy with the roof and it's performance and contacted us later to install the siding.The siding was installed in ***** of ****,both the owner and his wife were very happy with the project and we received several referrals from them since it's completion. There was never a mention of any sort of leaks until the high wind and hail event that took out some of the siding and loosened other areas. The owner was aware of this as he accompanied me on the inspection and actually picked up the blown out pieces and showed them to me on my arrival, as this was the reason for his initial call. This storm event caused massive roof and siding damage all over the city.

Roofing Contractors, Windows - Repairing, Windows, Windows - Installation & Service, Siding Contractors, Roofing Service Consultants