In Nebraska, South Dakota, The Kansas Plains and Southwest Iowa

BBB Accredited Business since 06/07/2011

Fahnestock Plumbing, HVAC & Electric

04/04/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue

Complaint: After the work was completed, I met with their representative, we went over the bill, and payment was made in full. Now they have billed for more...
This past year I met with Fahnestock salesman/representative and we worked out a plan for a home I was building. It was a fairly complex plan and the representative, *** *********, was very thorough and professional. There were some serious delays on Fahnestocks part in completing the work which we were able to work out. When the project was complete I met with *** in ********* and we went over the billing in painstaking detail in his office at which time I paid him in full for all the work that was perfomed on the house. Some months later I was billed by Fahnestock for an additional amount of roughly $*******. When I called Fahnestock I was referred to **** ********** who informed me that *** no longer worked for Fahnestock. He explained that *** had worked on several projects that he hadn't billed enough for, and that *** was just "out there on his own" doing his own thing too much.

Just before the project *** had purchased a waterwell drilling rig and had started his own part time business drilling wells for ground source heat pumps, they type of system I had hired Fahnestock to put in. *** ran into problems drilling our wells in his spare time that had seriously deloyed our project and putting off the completion date for all the other contractors on the job. We worked through this and I am satisfied with the work that has been done. What I am NOT satisfied with is, after having met with *** in Fahnestock's office and paying the debt in full, Fahnestock deciding that he just hadn't charged enough and adding billing me accordingly. I have visited with ***, who by the way, as of 30 days ago was still working part time for Fahnestock as their IT guy... and he agreed the bill had been paid in full and he called **** and discussed the situation. I spoke with him after his conversation with **** and he said it had been taken care of. Now I have recieved another bill from Fahnestock. This whole situation is extremely unprofessional. How nice it must be to decide after a customer pays his bill that you just haven't charged enough and bill them for the increase you would like to have.

**** at Fahnestock Plumbing advised that they have resolved this matter with you. Could you please confirm that the matter has been taken care of? Thank you.

03/23/2012Billing / Collection Issues

Plumbing Contractors, Furnace Sales & Service, Air Conditioning Supplies & Parts, Ventilating Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Repair, Plumbing Fixtures, Parts, Supplies - Retail, Fireplaces, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Geothermal Heating & Cooling, Heating & Air Conditioning, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Heating Contractors, Heat Pumps, Electricians, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems