BBB Accredited Business since 09/12/2000

Envista Credit Union

09/17/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Envista repossessed a vehicle I was paying on. Accused me of not making payments correctly.
On ***************, after the vehicle was repossessed, I went to Envista. A teller at Envista said I could pay any arrears and get the car back. She went to get my information. Then said that Mr. *** wanted to talk to me. *** ***, collections, then told me I could not pay any arrears but must pay the balance of the loan. He said I missed a payment in ******** and had the ********* payment "returned". I bank at Envista and have my paycheck direct deposited. Maybe the **** check and the paycheck missed each other, but I think the car payment was taken out of my account. *** *** said I could not see my account information or my payment history without paying them $**. He told my wife to "shut up" and called her a "b****". I made two payments in April, one for April and one for May, but he would not listen to me. He said I was a "flight risk" and he could not help me. I tried to call and talk to the Vice President of Lending, but I cannot go in to see her without an appointment and I cannot make an appointment except to contact her personally. I have called her repeatedly every day. She returned one of my phone calls to my wife's phone when my wife was in a college class and could not talk, otherwise she does not return calls. I have sent letters to the Board, the President and Vice President of Lending. *** *** said I was a "flight risk", but my wife and I have our "roots" in ******. Both our families live in ****** and I am employed as a Corrections Officer at the *****************************. My wife is a full time ******************* college student. We are not "flight risks". I do not believe I missed the payments, but Envista did not notify me if I did. They have given me no chance to explain, and won't even let me see my records. I've tried and tried to make contact with them, but to no avail. I don't understand why this is happening. I think that much of this is a misunderstanding, but I am being labeled as a "deadbeat flight risk" and I cannot even have an opportunity to explain or rectify the situation. My credit will be ruined.

I assume that Envista will sell the car. I did receive a letter from *** *** saying the car is to be auctioned on ***************...that's, basically, 2 weeks from the day they took the car. Since I can't seem to make contact with anyone at Envista, I guess there is little possibility of a return of the car. However, I would like to have an opportunity to see my records and explain, if I can, why I don't think the payments they accuse me of missing were actually missed. I would like to have my credit restored as this will affect me the rest of my life. I think that, somehow, the payments I made in ***** were misinterpreted by the credit union and I didn't make myself clear to them. Then, I think my paycheck and the **** car payment crossed but I think the payment actually was removed from my account. Without access to the account or payment information without paying $**, I cannot even figure this all out. It seems to me the credit union is being overly harsh and I do not understand why. Why would they want to destroy my credit and treat me as a "deadbeat flight risk" with absolutely no chance of redemption at all? With only 5 business days left until the car is sold, I realize there is little to be done to get the car back, but I would like to have my credit restored. I realize I am not perfect and I do make mistakes, but I don't understand Envista's harsh actions.

Ms. ********:

With regard to the case referenced above, I, and our Board of Directors, have investigated the matter and found that Envista has met or exceeded all compliance requirements of law and/or regulation related to this type of transaction. In addition, we have a very different position on the facts of the matter, and we have sufficient documentation to support our position. Our legal council will be very happy to produce that documentation in the appropriate court.

This matter is covered by a consumer loan contract. That contract provides the consumer with specific remedies in the event of a breech, or suspected breech, on the part of the lender. This matter is not within the purview of the Better Business Bureau and I respectfully request that the case be closed. Mr. ******* is, of course, free to pursue the more appropriate remedies available to him.

Respectfully,

www.envistacu.com
******************
Executive Vice President
*********************
*****************
**************

04/30/2013Advertising / Sales Issues

Credit Unions, Loan Servicing, Credit Card Processing Service, Real Estate - Commercial, Financial Services, Retirement Planning Service, Mortgage Brokers, Loans - Small Business, Loans, Financial Planning Consultants