BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/1996

Joy's Service Center, Inc.

06/24/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

bad service
Took my ******** in to be checked with obd 2. got a call 2-3 days later telling me their computer would not read my system. so they charged me ***** with no results. but to justify the charge, they billed me for a gallon of antifreeze and a quart of oil which my car didn't need. it nothing to do with the problem i asked them to find. i paid cash but i don't think i should have been charged anything because they did't do anything.

my money returned to me.

In response to Mr ******* letter. This vehicle was brought in under severe conditions. This vehicle has been neglected with maintenance, wiring loose and spliced in multiple places, duct tape over hoses that can cause drivability problems, vacuum hoses not attached, etc.
We did attempt to diagnose this vehicle using both of our scanners to see what why the engine light was on on this vehicle. We were unable to communicate with the computer system with either of our scanners. We tried to diagnose without the help of the scanner. The catalytic converters have been removed and we feel that the exhaust has restrictions among alot of other problems. The door wiring has been spliced and wires are not attached which go directly to the fuse box - which may be causing a problem as well to the computer system. We added fluids as they were low - and vehicle has a transmission issue and this can cause problems. The coolant was added due to running the vehicle while checking so it would not overheat. We have a sign in our lobby that we charge a MINIMUM of $***** + fees and taxes to look at any diagnostic/drivability problem. We spent well over 2 hrs trying to check out this vehicle. We are willing to refund 1/2 of the charge for a refund of $***** which we feel is sufficient.

Auto Repair & Service, Auto Lube & Oil - Mobile, Transmissions - Automobile, Radiators - Automotive, Brake Service, Auto Air Conditioning, Tire Dealers, Brake Fluids, Alternators & Generators - Retail