BBB Accredited Business since 02/01/1998

Affordable Auto, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

03/05/2013Billing / Collection Issues
12/02/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Affordable Autos took advantage of me and sold me a car for 4 times what it was worth.
On **************, I purchased a ************************ from Affordable Autos located at ***************, *****************. This was my first vehicle purchase at ** years of age. Affordable Autos sold me this vehicle for $********. I have now discovered through research on Kelly Blue Book that this car was worth $***** in excellent condition. Affordable Autos accepted a $***** down payment from me and then financed me another $******** at **%. My payments would be $** a week for ** weeks and then a final payment of $*****. I have lost my job and fallen behind on payments. Affordable Autos is threatening to come and get my car if I do not have a payment to them by Saturday, ******* at 6:00pm. I now realize that I have already paid the worth of this car to the dealership three times with just my down payment. I feel like they saw me some through the door and knew they could take advantage of my lack of knowledge about car buying and financing. I'm a former ************ who aged out of the system in ***** and do not have family who can give me guidance in these areas. Due to the death of my father several years back, I had a large sum of cash available to me for purchasing a car. I think they took advantage of my vulnerability and took everything they could from me.

My first preference would be to have Affordable Autos find that the vehicle has been paid in full and refund me at least $***** of my down payment. I don't think they will agree to that. So, I'm willing to accept that I've lost this $***** down payment and have them say the car loan is satisfied and end the remaining financed payments so I am no longer at risk of repossession.

Our records show that on ************ Ms ****** visited our dealership and put a deposit on the ****************** priced at $****.
Then on ************* she returned to place her down payment on the vehicle and enter an installment agreement for the remaining amount.
Our collection depart. will continue to make positive payment arrangements with Ms. ****** until the balance is paid in full.
***********