BBB Accredited Business since 06/23/1995

Laird Noller Automotive, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

04/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Windshield replacement took over 2 months to complete. Should have been done correctly. Dealership was very hard to communicate with.
This is the email that I sent to Laird Nollar on ****:
In ********, we purchased a car with the understanding that the windshield was going to be replaced (had a rock chip in the driver's view). The purchase of the car went very well, and we have been satisfied with the purchase, for the most part.

After we got back to ********* and started getting into the cold weather, we noticed that the car's windshield de-icer for the front wipers was not working. After some investigation, I found out that the windshield that was installed was not the correct one for the car. I tried to get in contact with ***** ****** about this, we finally got in touch with each other around the first of ******* to resolve this issue. It has now been over two months and we are FINALLY getting the windshield replaced with the proper one. This has been a huge headache for me as it seemed like I was needing to do all the research and calling to get this windshield replaced. I talked to ***** last week, and he gave the information from ******** to me so that I could call and make an appointment for the replacement, I noticed on his forward that he had received this infomation on ***********. Why did he wait more than 3 weeks for me to call him to give me this information?

I know that everyone is busy, but the waiting game has been rediculous. Now that the weather is warming up, it will not be until next year when we need it again. This is something that should have been taken care of upon purchase of the car. How this oversight happened is beyond me, it seems like a pretty simple procedure to make sure that the correct windshield goes into the car.

I appreciate that ***** was willing to work with me on getting the windshield replaced. However, I think that it taking more than two months to get resolved is completely rediculous. The fact that I had to keep trying to call him back as he would not call me with updated inormation as to the status of my claim was rediculous. It should not have been up to me to check on ***** for the information, he should have been able to get the information to me within a week of when I initially contacted him.

I am willing to discuss this more with someone, to see if we can come to some sort of conclusion, as I feel that I am owed something for all of the running around that I received for an item that we were agreed to have upon purchase of the car.

To be honest, this has left a pretty sour taste in my mouth about this dealership. Which is unfortunate, because I thought the purchase went very well.
----------------
The windshield was finally replaced on ****.

As of ****, I have recieved no response. I sent another email to them today asking for a reply to my original email to them.

I would like for the dealership to contact me to settle this. There was no reason why I should have been doing the running around to get this windshield replaced. It took several phone calls from me to the dealership and to Safelite to get this squared away. It should have taken all of 5 minutes to get this set up with Safelite from the dealership, then have me call them to book the appointment. This way I could have used the windshield with the defroster during the winter months.

I feel like I am owed due to the time to find the dealership's original mistake in putting in the wrong windshield, the several calls to the dealership for updates/status reports, and needing to find the nearest safelite in my area.

For example:
On Friday, March 7, I recieved an email from the dealership with the info to Safelite to call to book the apoointment. The dealership recieved this information on February 13. Why the wait for me to call for the dealership to finally get this info to me.

This is why I feel I am due some sort of compensation. The correct windshield should have been ordered and replaced when we took delivery of the car. None of this should have happened and I spent a lot of time dealing with this.

10/09/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Verbally agreed on both sales price and financing rate of new vehicle. Once we arrived at dealership, they were dishonest and raised financing rate 4%
During verbal phone negotiations for new ********* vehicle, we agreed upon both the sales price and financing rate of 0.9%. The financing rate of 0.9% was explicitly discussed and confirmed on at least two separate occasions. $*** credit card deposit was made to hold the car. We drove 45 minutes from *********** to dealership in ****************. After inspecting car, we were reviewing the closing paperwork and noticed that the dealer dishonestly and under-handedly increased financing rate from 0.9% to 4.9%. We pointed out this discrepancy and the sales representative, **** *****, said "Really? I'm at a loss". "I handle the cars, but don't know much about the financing".
I told him that the deal was off. He then went back to discuss with the office and reported the rate could be lowered to 3.9%. Again I reaffirmed that the agreed upon rate was 0.9%. **** said that we probably would not qualify for that 0.9% rate because we were first time car buyers. He stated this as a matter of fact without even verifying. In actuality we were not first time care buyers. Also, he said that he made a mistake and the 0.9% rate applied only for 2014 vehicles and not *********. After 2 hours in the dealership we left without buying the car as the dealership dishonestly raised the agreed upon financing rate which would have effected the bottom line by several thousand dollars. **** ***** told me that $*** deposit would be refunded. The following day I called **************** whom informed me that the $*** deposit was not refunded yet. I filed a compliant with **************** whom started investigation into the matter.
The next day I called **** ***** to inform him of my disgust with the dealerships business practice. I again requested that my $*** credit deposit be immediately refunded and he agreed to do so. Three weeks later, I noticed that the charge still had not been refunded. I called **** ***** again on ************** and for a third time assured that the $*** deposit would be refunded

Immediate refund of $*** deposit for car.

Mr ******** and salesperson **** ***** communicated this transaction by phone as Mr ******** was not in the ******** area. After speaking with the Sales Manager, **** ****** and salesperson, it sounds as if the best available interest rate was available to the customer- with approved credit. Customer never did complete an online credit application to verify that they were indeed going to qualify for the rate that was discussed as available with approved credit. Customer came to the dealership to close the car deal and din't qualify for the rate discussed for whatever reason. Another factor that added top the confusion was that multiple vehicles were discussed including 2013 and 2014 model years which don't have the same incentives from the factory (interest rates)
Customer was refunded his deposit by *********.

06/28/2013Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Services, Auto Repair & Service - Diesel, Auto Renting & Leasing, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Dealers - Used Cars