BBB Accredited Business since 06/18/2010

Briggs Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/28/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Dealer is using Bait and Switch tactics to lure people into dealership and then offer more expensive and different vehicles.
On ******** I inquired about a ***************** (Condition:USED VIN:***************** Stock #:******** Mileage:48482 - $******) and was contacted by Briggs via email and text message. I asked about the price of this vehicle and if it was still for sale and if the price is still negotiable. They confirmed both for me. I still have all email and text transcripts. My wife and I took the afternoon off of work(in ******) and when we arrived in ******** we were told to contact **** ******. We told him we were there to look at a *********** and he immediately said he needed to check and make sure it wasn't already sold. Which I had been assured already that it had not been sold. ****, within 5 minutes of us arriving at the dealership, informs us that it sold last night. He then tries to sell us a *****, a ************, or any other car they have on the lot, all costing thousands more than the vehicle we came to look at. He gave an apology that the person that scheduled us to come look at the car had no way of knowing it was sold.

After more research that afternoon, I found the vehicle I came to look at is still listed on multiple auto selling websites and Briggs own site with a list price of $******. It is listed as being across the street from Briggs Dodge at Briggs Nissan. Same stock# and VIN
Original link to car with cheap price- ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Link to car with same stock# and VIN high price- *******************************************************************************************************************

They placed this car out there with a cheap price, insulated themselves by using a third person to schedule the visit, then did the bait and switch.

I want them to sell me the car I was looking at, and negotiate the price, like they said they could, from the price of $******. If not able to do that, I'm not sure I would want to try and buy anything from them as they are *************.

Contact Name and Title: ************
Contact Email: ***********************
First off, thank you for your complaint. I would be upset as well. We take all complaints very seriously. Let me start by saying that the vehicle you inquired about, was sold, for the internet price, and we do not condone any type of bait and switch type tactics. We should have physically touched the vehicle prior to Mr. ********** arrival at the dealership. If we would have done this simple task, we would have uncovered that one of the other dealerships in the Group had sold the vehicle. The vehicle had been sold and delivered, but was still pending some financing, so had not been through the accounting process until after Mr. ******** had been to the dealership. I have tasked one of the Manager's from ****** with trying to find a suitable vehicle for Mr. ********. Please let me know if anyone has any questions. My direct phone number is ************.
Thanks!
***************

They handled my complaint and tried to find me a car. Although, another salesman at another of their dealerships did tell me he had the keys in hand to the specific car mentioned in the complaint and **** had to call and verify that the car was already sold. Again.
I think the salesmen are either ********************.

11/20/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

There is a recall on the dodge trucks. The dealership is not taking care of the recall.
I got the recall notice on my **** dodge truck. I took it in to get it fixed and the dealership said that they would put me on a list to have it repaired when the parts came in.This was on ******************. My girlfriend took her **** in on the same day and was told the same thing. We are still waiting on the parts to come in and for the trucks to be fixed.

Would like the trucks fixed.

Customer was contacted and recall has been completed.

10/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We currently have extended warranty work that needs to be finished and a federal emissions warranty repair that needs to be repaired.
On ******** we purchased a **** Dodge ************* with an extended warranty from Briggs Auto in ***************. On ********* we took the vehicle in for a list of issues which includes Transmission issue, sliding door, clunking from catalytic converter and loss of power, power steering line, and engine oil leak. They had our vehicle until ******* to repair. We were told that everything was fixed and it was ready to go. They replaced the oil pan gasket, fixed a power steering hose, performed a recall repair, and told us our muffler needed to be replaced. We went to pick it up and paid for our bill. When we got home and went over our check out paperwork we see it says there is a transmission leak. I called them to verify with ****** and he reassures me the paperwork is wrong and that it was the power steering that they fixed. Towards the end of ******** we notice in fact there is a transmission leak so we took it in there on ****** and they verified that it in fact was leaking and had been since last service when they assured us that it was not leaking. At that point they said sorry about that the paperwork was right it was leaking and we will get that fixed and then they repaired it. On ****** we go and pick it up they inform us of an oil leak (which I was assured was already taken care of) in the lower intake manifold gasket and that we would need to pay to get it repaired. I asked them why it was not taken care of when they had it in there for an oil leak and they said they didn't catch it and it wasnt covered now because our warranty had expired and they would not fix it. I told them it was covered in the beginning by my extended warranty and they told me sorry call Chrysler. So we did that and have gotten nowhere with them. We have taken our vehicle to a muffler shop in our city and they have inspected the muffler and catalytic converter and showed us personally that it is in fact the catalytic converter that is bad. It is actually overheating to the point that it is cracked and discoloring in spots and the inside of it is rattling. Briggs does not want to finish the original oil leak repair that we took it in there for in ***** and wants us to pay for that repair that was covered by our extended warranty. They are also not standing behind a Federal Emissions Warranty and are wanting us to pay for a muffler that is not needed. We feel like they took advantage of us and they are trying to get over on us for repairs that were covered by our extended warranty and are currently covered a Federal Emissions Warranty. We dont get anywhere with anyone there and are treated with no respect. We have spoke with ****** and ****** about these issues and they will not offer any help only to call Chrysler customer service. We have tried to give this company and Chrysler a chance to resolve these issues with no response.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
Case is being handled by another organization: Chrysler Customer Service

We want our van repairs taken care of. We want them to finish the oil leak repair they started in ***** and we want them to repair the catylatic converter that is bad and covered under warranty. We want this done as soon as possible as it is causing more damage to our vans engine and it is a safety hazard driving my 3 children around in a vehicle that has a overheating catylatic converter that could catch on fire. I want them to repair the oil leak that it was brought in there for in ***** without us having to pay for it as it was covered under our extended warranty.

Business Response /* (***0, 5, 2014/08/29) */
Briggs Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is more than willing to perform repairs and maintenance on any and all makes. I want to outline some parameters of warranties and extended contracts. All factory warranties on the ************ vehicle has expired with the exception of "some" federal emissions items. A service contract was purchased and has expired. A service contract is underwritten by an insurance company. Once the contract is expired it is expired, no exceptions. Chrysler Corporation will no longer provide any good will assistance. There have been several goodwill considerations extended to the ************ for out of warranty concerns. Briggs is willing to inspect the vehicle for current concerns at no charge for diagnosis one time. Briggs has suggested repairs in the past that were either ignored or performed elsewhere. If in fact a covered component has failed Briggs will replace the part and collect from Chrysler provided all required maintenance has been performed and documented. My contact info is listed below and prefer e-mail correspondence.

************
Fixed Operations Director
************

The extended warranty/service contract was still valid when we brought our vehicle in to have it repaired for an oil leak and catylatic converter on *******. Had the repair technicians properly diagnosed and repaired our vehicle the oil leak that we have currently have would have been covered by our service contract because it was not expired at that time. The "good will" repairs that were done were actually done without our permission to begin with and now are being held against us after we told them not to do those repairs as they werent safetey concerns. The only "good will" repair that was done was a flash on our doors computer that was $***** and not a safety concern that we told them not to worry about. Everything else that was done was either covered by our service contract or was a recall. The last time our vehicle was in their shop was in ******** to have our tires looked at and we chose to buy our tires elsewhere. Other than that our vehicle has not been in their shop since **** because of these kind of issues we have had with them in the past. As far as ignoring services that were suggested by Briggs the only services we have ignored were a set of tires we purchased somewhere else and the muffler they said we needed for over $****** that we know we dont need because we have taken it and had it diagnosed at a muffler shop as the catylatic converter and have seen the damage ourselves. All maintenance and repairs have been done by Briggs other than getting the oil changed and tires and things we can repair on our own like our brakes. The only repairs that have been ignored are the repairs that Briggs needs to finish on our vehicle that consist of the oil leak they still havent completely repaired that was covered by our service contract and the catylatic converter that is covered by a federal emissions warranty. They had our vehicle for 2 weeks and should have had ample time to diagnose and repair. We have had the oil leak looked at as well and were told that it has been there for a while and that it should have been caught when it was in there ******* if it was looked at and diagnosed properly to begin with. We feel like we got taken advantage of by this company and were lied to by the service techinicians and service advisors so they could make money on us as our service contract would have only required us to pay $*** deductable for all repairs we brought it in there for. I dont even know who ********** is to tell you the truth. We have never dealt with him nor heard of him so I am not sure he knows what has transpired in the last 5 months. We want this company to finish repairing the oil leak they didnt diagnose and repair properly and to replace our catalatic converter that is covered by a federal emissions warranty that is a federal law. This problem needs to be solved in a timely fashion as it is our only vehicle and we have 3 children 2 of whom are disabled that we have to transport to appointments and this companies negligence is causing extra unneeded damage to our engine.

Sorry for the rather slow response and going forward on this case please reply to **** ******* and myself.
As stated before we are happy to schedule an appointment, make diagnosis and come to a resolution after diagnosis. A half day should be allowed for diagnosis. If the customer wants a third party involved that is also okay with me. *

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Dealers - Used Cars