BBB Accredited Business since 06/21/2010

Briggs Dodge

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

06/14/2013Problems with Product / Service
09/25/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

****** female *************** took a **** Dodge ******** for repairs with over $**** miles. Charged $** for a vehicle only worth $**** in fair cond
*********** female went to Briggs for car repairs on a **** Dodge ******** with $******* miles. The Kelly blue book indicates this vehicle is worth $**** in fair condition. ****** paid $** for the repairs. The vehicle continues not to run well and when taken back to service manager ***** ***** he indicated that it needs another part for $***. Why would repair a vehicle for the value of the vehicle?

When the vehicle continued to run bad after spending $**. I took it back and now they are indicating that it needs another part for $***. This part should have been included and repaired when I spent the $**

Contact Name and Title: ***** ****
Contact Email: *************************
Briggs Dodge had a thorough conversation with the customer explaining the repair was a progressive repair. The customer opted to repair a portion of the needed repairs and step two would be repaired by her son. We were notified after the son had installed a part there was still a concern. Briggs Dodge management offered to replace another part at no cost to her. The daughter then reached out to Briggs Dodge via e-mail and phone calls protesting our approach. Briggs Dodge cannot make nor influence decisions made by our customers yet we advised of the risks. The offer to replace the ignition coil still stands. Our attempts to contact the customer have been intercepted by the daughter.

03/02/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Briggs Dodge sold me a **** Dodge ****, that does not start every two days. They are not willing to assist with payment or repair car in timely manner
On ********** I purchased a **** Dodge **** from Briggs Dodge. The salesperson was ***** ******. After about a week of having the vehicle the car did not start. Briggs sent a tow truck out to get the vehicle, kept it in the shop and stated they could not duplicate the issue. We picked up the vehicle. Two days later the car did not start, again Briggs sent a tow truck out to get the vehicle, this time the car was kept overnight, and I was told it was a system issue nationwide with the vehicle, regarding a software upgrade, and they would call when the part was available, over two months later, still no call.

I am not satisfied with the service I am receiving, I have a brand new car in my drive way I cannot rely on, or drive on a daily basis, and I don't feel I should be responsible for making the payments on the vehicle until I can use the car, since no where in my signed contract, does it state that every couple of days the car will not start.

So I contacted the finance company, ***** ****** referred me to and ask them to defer the payment as he stated they would. The only thing they stated they could do, was give me a ONCE IN A LIFETIME due date change, I accepted this offer, although I felt uncomfortable doing so, since I did not think I should be responsible for using my one lifetime due date change due to the car not starting.

However, another payment is due and the car is still not fixed, Briggs has not called giving me an update, and no one seems to care. They sold me a car that does not work and it's my problem. Since, I still have been unable to use the car, I am asking for assistance with the payment.

So, again I call **************** and they tell me, it sounds as if I was sold a lemon, they suggest they would not pay for a car that has NEVER worked either, and that I need to call Dodge Customer Service to defer the payment. So, I spend multiple hours of my time calling around to see who can help me, and Dodge tells me they can't do anything and I need to call **************** back. So again, I call **************** back, they tell me for a lack of better words, they don't care who the money comes from, but a payment needs to be made, because a contract was signed. I remind them the contract was based on the fact that I received a working car, and ****** (the rep at ****************) says "you're right" and that I need to call the finance manager at Briggs Dodge and someone needs to compensate me for the payment or make the payment to them, considering the car has not worked.

I called Briggs Dodge and spoke with **** the finance manager, and I explain that I do not feel as if I should pay for a car that is sitting in my driveway, and I have been referred to him to correct the issue. His response is "So you can't afford the car"? I tell him that I am insulted by his remark, and that it wasn't the principle of not being able to afford the car, however, not understanding why I should have to pay for a vehicle that doesn't work, he laughed as if it was no big deal, kept me on hold and I ended the call so I could go back to work.

If I was to continue to make $*** payments on a vehicle that doesn't work, who is to compensate me for the time it has sat in my driveway not working? Who is supposed to refund me the money for the payments I make? I have to use my mother in law's car to go to work, to make the payment on the car, and that seems more than unreasonable.

***** ********

I am asking that the dealership makes the *** payment on the vehicle, or works with the finance company to get the payment deferred. If they cannot do that, I am asking that I am let out of my contract, as they have broken their end.

Contact Name and Title: **** *******, CFO
Contact Email: ***********************
We have called Ms. ******** several times since receiving the complaint from the BBB that was submitted. I have personally called and left my name, phone number, and what I was calling about on two different occasions for Ms. ********, but have not received a response. I've spoken to the Service Manager, ***** *****, and he has called Ms. ******** to try to determine what we could do to get the vehicle in and find out what is wrong. Unfortunately, the two times it was brought in on the flatbed, it started up and they drove it off the truck. Please have Ms. ******** give me a call. My direct number is ************.

12/30/2013Advertising / Sales Issues