BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/2001

Auto Masters Body Shop

09/19/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company did not deliver on their promise.
This ******** company took over a month to repair my vehicle from a small fender bender! When my car was due to be finished, they would never call, I would be the one to call, they would promise to deliver it to my office so I wouldn't have to waste my time or fuel, none of that ever happened.the first time I picked up my vehicle, there was a massive red dent on the side of my car. They came out to my work to examine it and offered to give me $*** back from my deductable, still never have received, then my a/c stomps working within 3 days of getting my vehicle back. I had to take my vehicle back once more to have them only destroy my car entirely. This agency "forgot" to put my radiator supports back in my vehicle and then " forgot" to tell me. They only noticed it when they had my car back in pieces again. I went up twice to get my vehicle after I was told it was fixed, both times it was blowing hot air. Each and every time they would put me in a loaner that used twice as much fuel as my ***** and I would fill up entirely upon returning to be kind to the next. Well that's 3 full tanks of gas I've given them. Finally, I get my vehicle delivered to my office. There's black hand prints all over the front of my car and 1/2 tank of the fuel missing from my car. I had never seen the gentleman who delivered my vehicle before, he didn't even work for the company!! Yet he was driving my vehicle! All of this going on, I write a formal complaint to the owner of the company and he completely ignores it entirely!!! That's what is the most upsetting! I tried to give them a chance to make this right, and they refused. I want my ***$ deductible back that was promised and I want it back now! I refuse to ever do business with these people ever again!! When speaking to their staff, their response as to why I've had such a horrid experience is due to the fact the ownership has changed and the new owner doesn't know how to run his company. I am so sick and tired of dealing with these ****, ************* people. All I want is my deductible back and I will never be back EVER!

I want my $*** deductible back.

Business Response /* (***0, 5, 2016/08/23) */
*********- After reading your letter and reading what you turn into the BBB your leaving off some very key factors. First off you have ********************* and they write all their own estimates and we cannot work on your vehicle until they at least write the estimate on your vehicle. The copy of the paper work you sent me shows *********** didn't write your estimate until **** and they wrote 17.4 hours to repair and we average per the industry average and per their contract to work on all the *********** vehicles 4.0 hrs a days which at 17.4 total hrs would 4 1/2 business days of what they have listed to repair. The person from *********** contacted you on the **** and told you we had to order parts and after the parts came in we get to work on the vehicle. We agreed with *********** we thought the delivery date for complete repairs would be **** if we did not see any additional missed items that we might see after repairs were started. You also had a prior claim with *********** on your ac not working properly and you had some drainage in the interior of your vehicle that you supposedly fixed your self. So
when the body repairs were done and the we went to final charge the your ac system it had multiple problems. We do not have the power to just put new parts on your car that are need to fix your car. *********** they would not buy any other parts unless they showed damage on them. We told *********** that we thought the ac compressor was bad. we also found your drainage problem in your cars was not fixed and when the ac was running it would drain in your car. we fixed that problem during those repairs. *********** said no to the new ac compressor and it had a very small leak in a line and *********** just wanted us to charge the system and put dye in the system and if the system and if the system blows hot again we can for sure show the leak and they would be going thru the proper guide lines to have the documentation to replace the part if they could see it was from the accident. You dropped off your vehicle on *** to have the ac rechecked out it was not blowing cold. we had to contact *********** and wait for them to look at it again. When *********** came out to look at the vehicle a different guy came out **** ****) he told **** ***** our guy there was suppose to be a plastic cosmetic on top of the radiator support it was not a part that they actually held anything together but just a cover to dress it up - no other function or safety issues. Since the vehicle was completely missing one *********** agreed to buy one and the original guy that wrote the estimate had pictures showing it was missing already. *********** still said NO on the replacement on the ac compressor but did let us replace the ac line that had the leak. When you came to pick up your vehicle again it didn't take long it was blowing hot again. your husband then called in and got a supervisor with *********** and they were then told you ran over 2 dogs in the accident and after he talked to him *********** thought it might have been possible one of the dogs had made contact with the compressor. So *********** agreed to put a new compressor on. The whole time we cannot put parts on peoples car unless somebody is paying for them, the whole complete story can be verified thru ***********. *********** does Millions of dollars of work with that shop but they cannot just throw parts on cars- they all have to go thru the procedures and guidelines before they can be replaced. I also have copy of the letter I received from you on the same day as I received the notification of the case with BBB. It says in your letter if I don't pay your deductible back you will turn us in, you had already filed the case before I could even call. As for the free loaner cars we tell everyone we do not require you to fill them up just put the gas in you use. All the loaners are small cars for economy reasons. Second you live in ********* which is a 5 minute drive from the shop. As for the mark on your door it was paint transfer from someone opening another door into your car. I was told they offer to buff that off because there were not dent just a paint transfer - but you refused. Again we have no control over what insurance companies will or will not pay for. in your letter you stated as quote the amount of skill and craftsmanship that went into bringing your back to life and that you praised our company on all social media and refere

Your response was extremely rude and no where at all did you accept any responsibility for the terrible strive I received at your facility. I waited 1 week and did not hear from you so yes I did file a complaint with the BBQ and after hearing your response I'm glad I did.

I will never be using your company again, and I will voice my concerns with anyone who every mentions using you in the future! Very upsetting reading your extremely unprofessional response. Your supervisor promised to mail a check of $*** for the dentist done to my vehicle and I expect that to be mailed ASAP. Yes I had refused to repair it, because I didn't want to be without my vehicle for another week which is what your supervisor told me the length of the repair would be.

This has been a nightmare and I just want it to be over. I expect you to honor what your staff guarantees and mail us our ***$ check and accept my refusal for no future business.

I guess by telling the complete history of what happened is rude. I wish we could fix every problem on peoples vehicles after they were in accidents, but the insurance companies will not allow this. Some vehicles have some sort of problem that was there before the accident but people think it is a perfect time to get it fixed part of the insurance claim. when the insurance says no then we are the bad guys. Like I read in your letter you were extremely happy with repairs on your car until you air condition quit working and there again we could not get your insurance company to ok a new compressor until you and your husband called in and got *********** to cover it. Second I received the letter the same day the complaint was filed. As for the dent - there was no dent - just paint transfer which will buff right off in 2 seconds. We have repaired over 10,000 vehicles in the last 22 years and lucky I have to do this form less then 2 or 3 times ever. I would say we have had to do something right over the last 22 years. I will mail you a check for $*** if this will terminate this claim.

I regret ever doing business with you. I have already spoken to *********** about the horrific experience we had with your company. I hit 1 dog, 1 dog that damaged my vehicle and went under my vehicle. Your company keeps misinterpreting everything we report. No one listens, and clearly won't even follow through with their guarentees. I do not accept your offer and would never recommend your business in the future.

Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Services, Auto Repair - Windshield, Glass Shops, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Power Steering, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Shocks, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Repair - Suspension, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Detailing, Auto Paintless Dent Repair, Tire Dealers, Auto Dealers - Antique & Classic