BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/1981

American National Bank & Trust

06/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Called & spoke with ***** to get 10 day p/o on car.
car was then picked up and she claims I never spoke to her, now owe $288.34 more.
Called and spoke with ***** to get 10 day payoff on car. She gave me 10 day payoff, date good through, account number and address to mail payoff. Told her my Credit Union was going to pay it off. She asked me for name of Credit Union and I told her. Car had a small 2nd lien on it with dealer, but all of the payments went to bank. Within 48 hours the car was picked up by the dealer and now she claims I never called. (How did I get the info to give to my Credit Union). Now I owe $288.34 to get my car back from the dealer and a big ding on my credit report. They say I was behind a partial payment, but no one ever attempted to call me and tell me this,nor did ***** state so when I called to get a payoff.
They claimed I didn't have a good phone number, but they know my work number & extension #. Funny thing is I have had several individual in town tell me this same thing has happened to them.

I don't think I should have to pay the extra money of $288.34 and my credit should not be damaged.

I am sorry that Ms. ******* feels that she has a problem with American National Bank & Trust. The resolution that she proposes, the bank has no control over. Ms. ******* was 68 days past due with payments to the bank. Since the bank has a with recourse note with the dealership that she bought her car from, after 60 days in arrears, the note goes back to the dealership. The dealership pays the bank the past due amount and is no longer in communication with Ms. *******. It appears that the dealership picked up her car and she would need to deal with them on the $288.34 amount. Her credit score is not able to be changed due to the fact that Ms. ******* was over 60 days past due. Ms. ******* states that ***** seems to bear some responsibility in this situation, however ***** can give out information and until a payment is made, no record would be recorded.

Banks, Mortgage Bankers, Mortgage Brokers, Real Estate Loans, Loans - Small Business, Loans