Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

BBB Accredited Business since 12/17/2013

Professional Learning Institute LLC

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 6 closed in last 12 months

10/28/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

A representative from Professional Learning Institute contacted me back in February of 2013 promising me they could build me a website that I was going to make money since day one, and all they did was sell me recycled websites that they have sold numerous times to other customers. The only reason I bought this program were the guarantees that they promised. My conclusion is that this company does not honor any guarantees or promises. I never made any money off of it. I lost a total of $5,000.

I would like to have my money refunded back to my credit cards.

It appears as though Mr. ******** has mistaken us for a different company.
Mr. ******** hired us in February 2014, to build him one custom website. We do not sell "recycled" websites to any of our customers. We have had no prior contact with Mr. ******** before then. We were in the process of completing Mr. ********'s neon and LED lights website, when he informed us that he needed an unexpected surgery. At this time, Mr. ******** decided to discontinue services. We have made several email and telephone attempts to Mr. ******** but he has not responded.

Mr. ******* ****** contacted me asking me to sign a release of all liability which I didn't agree and that's why I didn't contact them back. They never built me a website and if they did I never knew about it. I just want to be over with this issue and would like a full refund of $5,000 I lost with services that were never rendered.

The response that the Professional Learning Institute provided saying that they were trying to contact me (Dr.********) while I was sick in the hospital is completely false, and we will get the phone records if this goes that far. Also in Professional Learning Institute first response to the complaint they mention the fact that I had mistaken them for a different company. THERE WAS DEFINETELY NO MISTAKE AFTER THEY HARRASED ME FOR DAYS WITH PRESSURE SALE TACTICS UNTIL THEY SUCEEDED. The kicker in all this is that this company used to be called***********************. In saying that the websites they are selling and providing are recycled websites that were already sold to other customers with whom I am communicating with now. "Also what are they doing today Business coaching or selling sites". CHANGES ON A DAILY BASIS. Before any explanation from Professional Learning Institute is offered next where did they get my personal information it definitely is not listed. If the BBB needs a few other victims to give there testimonies that is no problem at all.

We have emailed and called Mr. ******** from the day he signed up in January 2014, until August 2014, when he began refusing communication with us and filed this complaint. All communication and communication attempts have been documented.

Mr. ******** has never mentioned anything about feeling harassed or pressured until now. We worked with Mr. ******** from January until July 2014, and never heard of any issues or concerns with the services being provided or how Mr. ******** purchased them. When Mr. ******** hired us to build him a website he was very willing and eager until he chose to discontinue services do to his own personal issues.

We have no affiliation with any company(s) that Mr. ******** has a fore mentioned and as previously stated, we have never "sold recycled websites" and that position has never changed. It is not a service that we provide nor have we ever provided and that is the reason why we feel that Mr. ********'s complaint is meant to be for a different company(s).

We wish to reach a positive resolution with Mr. ******** but he has continually refused our communication attempts. We feel there is a clear miscommunication or understanding between Mr. ******** and what companies he has hired.

12/18/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I live on Maui and want to get into ecommerce i paid PLI 2300.00 for coaching which consisted of a very short phone call once a week and its over and i still am nowhere near knowing how to start a site which i was told you need no computer knowledge to do.Later i was told i need a LLC and they could get it for me for 4400.00. I found out anyone can apply for this document which cost approx.300.00 PLI paid a Nevada company 438.00 to do the work for my LLC and they ended up getting it in Florida where iv'e never been.****** knew i live on Maui as we talked about how he comes here often and he informed me that different states cost different prices between 4000.00 and 6000.00 and Hawaii was 4400.00. ****** gave me the price based on where i live but got my license in Florida which i was told has a corporate tax so i may have to pay tax in 2 states. I am very unhappy with all service from PLI and believe they breached the contract when i complain someone named ******* tells me to get past this and move on move on to what? i got nothing from this company and was charged 6700.00.
Product_Or_Service: coaching and license

I believe this company calls people and makes false promises and after they get your money you get nothing and can't talk to any one but a assistant who tells you to only address your issues to them.I think i should get all my money back due to a breach of contract.

Since before we were notified of this complaint, we had spoken to the client and resolved all of the alleged misinformation and miss communication. The client has stated that they wish to continue services per contract and that they are withdrawing this complaint.

11/24/2014Advertising / Sales Issues
09/02/2014Problems with Product / Service
10/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I paid for a Platinum package on 3-19-14. It wasn't until 4-1-14 I finally received a Client ID#. Waited, nothing no contact. Finally4-14-14 Received email I was sent and completed wrong link, they sent me an old link. I am 60 and needed help but received none after numerous phone calls.

I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and sent them all my information. They refunded me my money plus interest. I am happy.

I received a call from PLI on X-XX-XX from a***** ****** who was extremely rude to me and yelling at me about this matter. I could have cried he had me so upset. If they would have done their part I wouldn't be in this situation. I just want to be left alone. They have 30 days to dispute with my credit card company. Leave me alone. I don't need to be badgered and yelled at. Warning to all.

Ms. ***** ******* signed into contract on March 19th, 2014, and all services were started immediately. A welcome email was sent to Ms. ******* on the same date, detailing all services and it included her client ID.

Ms. *******'s site has been done for quite some time and can viewed at ************************. If Ms. ******* needs additional training or help with her website or other services we are more then happy to assist her.

It appears that Ms. ******* has taken Mr. ******'s passion and commitment to Pli's clients in the wrong context and for that we apologize.

Ms. ******* has in fact disputed her transaction with her credit card company so at this time there is nothing more that PLi can do until the financial dispute is resolved.

The services were not done immediately. As I stated I was sent the wrong forms. My website is running but it is because of ignite builders not PLI. I didn't receive the submissions and marketing I paid for. PLI said ignite was to do it and vice versa. A battle.

Mr ****** may be passionate but not with me. I never heard of him until he contacted me and was very vocal with me about this matter. I could of cried the way I was spoken to. I have nothing else to say to the company. It is a sad situation.
I should have checked with the BBB first. Lesson learned.

Services began immediately regardless of what forms were sent to Ms. *******. Her website has been completed as well as the submissions and marketing. Per her own admission, Ms. ******* has discontinued all communication, therefore she has not allowed us to update her and show the submissions and marketing.

If Ms. ******* wishes to check with the BBB she will see that we have an A rating.

This company did nothing for me until I filed a complaint. I knew a little about computers but not in this aspect of business. They were of no help in the marketing or submissions I was to receive until I filed a complaint. 5 months of wondering what was going on. I did get a website from ignite builders but not from PLI. They were not helpful to me in business at all. All they did was pass the buck from ignite to PLI for the marketing and submissions. I don't even know what a submission is. I contacted another company and I am going with them so I do not have this website any longer.
***** *******

08/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

1.i spoke with **** who worked with professionalli. I had purchased website from ****************.he phone me and tell me that professonalli could build my site for 500.00 and that all I had to do is work on wedsite 10hrs.per week. conversation was in the month of feb.2014.he toid me that I would have live tutors anytime when needed;that failed. I had to phone them if I needed to know anything about the website their infro was poor.it took professionalli 2months to build the website. the website was complete in april 2014.i have had the website for 2 months.i phoned professionalli in june 2014 and told ******** that I didn't have money to spend on social media because it exspensive I am busy on my job and that I would like to have my money back and delete the site off of my pc. he told me that customer service is not going to give my money back.i paid 29.95 in month of april,29.95 for the month of april for the affiliate plan
Product_Or_Service: *****************.com

I would like my refund back from website and affiliate plan total 560.00.******** told me that it was free advertising for wedsite all I have seen they cost.plus I haven't had step by step instructions yet .when icall and ask questions they act like they don't want to talk to me.

Once *** ********* ****** signed up for services in April 2014, we immediately began brainstorming product and website ideas with her. *** ********* was clearly informed that it can take one to two months to complete her website depending how long it takes her to pick a product line and how many design revisions she requires. We have multiple training tutorials and videos that *** ********* has not take advantage of and they are readily available to her. Anytime that *** ********* has contacted us we were and are more then willing to speak with her and help her as best as we can. Once her site was completed, *** ********* was informed that she will need to contact us with any questions or concerns. We encourage all clients to contact us as much as possible so that they may achieve their desired success. Since being notified of this complaint, we have attempted to contact *** ********* via telephone and email with no response. We wish nothing more then to continue working with *** ********* and update her on her website. Also, there is no additional costs if *** ********* would like add or attach any social media account to her website. We hope for the opportunity to clear up any confusions or misconceptions that *** ********* may have.

since I had the website I had no tutorials.I had one tutor to call me when website was complete.He discussed about the website as far as making chances if I wanted to.i had conversation with **** on July 10th. I told him that I was not going to pay for another affiliate plan because they don't perform like they said they would do.he sending me cancelation papers for the affiliated plan.He told me if I didn't sign and send back that that would continue to charge me monthly.I am waiting for papers.i asked for money back. he refused to do so .the company isn't what I expected them. in the beginng I was told they do all the work. that was the purpose getting website.they called me but once to discuss website.when I call them to ask questions they rush me off the phone. overall the company isn't a good company to me to deal with.they build the website;after that ya on your own eventhough ya paying them for affiliate plan and do nothing. I don't accept there response.i told **** that I don't have money like that as far as advertising because I was told in the beginning that I didn't have to do all that. I was told t work from home 7 to 10 hrs.per week. that was a lie. I was told that it was an additional cost for social media. I see now how they lie.i prefer my refunds back.

*** ****** has had her affiliate website up and running for months. Upon completion of the site, we provided with a telephone and email tutorial on how to use the site as well as how to market the site. If *** ****** would like additional tutorials all she has to do is request them and we are more then happy to provide them. The site absolutely performs like it is supposed too and again, we would be more then happy to update *** ****** on how to use the site. When *** ****** stated she wanted to cancel services, we mailed her the standard cancellation form and let her know that her account would be canceled as soon as we received the form back. *** ****** was made aware that there is no refund because her site has been built for months and it is past the 3 day cancellation policy that she signed and agreed to. We completed all of the work in creating the affiliate site for *** ******. It has been explained to her several times that it is now up to her to promote and market her site at no additional costs. This is where we recommend *** ****** spend a minimum of 7-10 hours per week promoting her site. To date she has not spend any considerable amount of time on her website nor has she been promoting it. As previously stated, we are more then happy to resend the marketing tutorials to *** ****** and provide her with several walk through guides.

no I don't accept the solution because in the beginning when I first talked with **** he he told me that I could get a website up and going for 495.00.and that all I had to was work on site 7to10hr.perweek.I said ok. I purchased site (*****************(in feb. it took them 2 months to bill the site. the site was completed in apr. I talked with **** once when the web site was built.He told me pull up website. He showed me what was on the website as far as blogging ,media publishing etc. I was told that I would have live tuturoials helping me. That failed . When I would them and questions I was rushed off the phone everytime. inorder to google,twitter,etc I had to spend 500.00 I told ******** that I didn't have that kind of money. I was lead to thinking that all I had to do was pay for the affiliate plans which is 29.95 a month.iI fell that I was scamed out of my ********** didn't tell me that I had 3 to 5 days to cancel.If so I would had cancelled .I didn't sign the cancellation form because I want my refund back. I would get off work at night and work on website I couldn't do anything on it. when it comes to free advertising,they didn't let me know not one site that was advertising free. It was beginning to nervewrecking.Thats when I phoned professionalli and told them that I would like to have my refund back.He never stated that in complaint the they were gonna continue to bill me when I canceled over the phone with them. ******** told me that social media was the best way to advertise. it cost lots of money to advertise.I told **** and ******** that. They built the website and left me hanging.Thats why I feel that it was a scam because everything that was told to for website it failed.when it comes to search engine, companies charge for that;example click per person.I would have to put money up first before adverstising with company.I didn't know all that. They didn't explain their policy to me as far as advertising on my own.
the additional cost is 500.00.I told him that if I would had known that I would had never gotten involved as with a website.I got tired of coming home after work trying to find free advertising when I didn't know what to do.I would do at least 40hr.perweek on website and accomplish nothing.

04/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On November 11, 2013 I signed a contract, for professional coaching to enable me be proficient in 4 areas to make money.These were:Affiliate,Dropship,
Ebay,and Marketing courses. I only had two thirty
minute coaching sessions period. They were to call
me for coaching sessions. I waited with both phones in hand, they only called twice. I made them give me a copy of the contract. If you need the entire contract I can send it any time. This is an excerpt from paragraph two."2.Services: In order to understand and clarify the services and relationship, Client and Marketing Company acknowledge and agree that:A.Client's purchase includes Coaching. This Coaching consists of weekly sessions and discussions to identify the Client's business goals, strategies, and plans of actions intended to achieve such goals. Marketing Company will monitor Client's progress toward the implementation of these goals."

All I want is my $3100.00 they cheated me out of.
They had two others that was working with this company. One called and said I needed a dropship company. On average a good dropshipper will run about $100 to $500 per year. He started out at
$4000.00. I said no. He said let me talk to my manager. He came back and said I talked him into $3000.00. I said no. He said let talk to him again. He came back and said this is the only time I have ever seen him do this but he agreed to
#1500.00. I said no. No way.
Professional Learning Institute LLC is a con and they have more than one person working the con. All I want is my money back. I wonder how many other older people they have conned. please help me get my money back I need it.

Since being notified of this complaint we have spoken to *** ********* and attempted to resolve any issues. We tried to explain again to *** ********* exactly what he purchased and that he has enrolled in an educational online program and that we will continue working with him until he is successful. *** ********* has agreed that he received more coaching and instructions then just 2 phone calls. We have acknowledged that one appointment was missed and that when *** ********* brought up his concerns in a recorded live chat, he was called one hour after the scheduled time frame. *** ********* was in constant email communication with his instructor as late as December 18th, 2013, when he stopped communication. *** ********* has also been continuously logging in and using the software provide to him. His last login was January 24th, 2014. We also informed him that his references about drop shipping have nothing to do with our company and that we do not provide services like that and have never contacted him in those regards. We wish nothing more then to reestablish communication with Mr. ********* and to continue with the program in a professional manner.

*** ****** stated " *** ********* has agreed that he received more coaching and instructions then just 2 phone calls." I did not make that statement. When he called, he attempted to get me to agree that I had received more than two phone calls. I said no. In December after only one coaching session, I knew I had made a big mistake by paying this company $3100 dollars. I sent this email to an administrator requesting a refund: *** ********* *******@gmail.com
12/8/13

to *****

When I purchased this program you promised a 30 day guarantee. I have had only one coaching session. The coaches say they tried to call me with no answer which is not true. I was sitting with both phones in hand waiting for the call. This program is not for me. Please refund my paypal account the total amount I paid to you.

Thanks, ****** *********
Reply Forward
Click here to Reply or Forward

Another reason I do not agree with *** ****** is
the fact that the coaches or someone from the company sent me emails trying using the same tricks to sell me more. I received three emails and kept the last one. This is the last one. I received this email after the refund request.

Team 2A ******@coachwebmail.com
Jan 27

to bcc: me

Hello,

I have great news for you! I have been working very hard with the team over at Consumer Safeguard and I finally got them down as low as they are going to go for their services. I fought to get this discount for you because I want to make sure you have everything you need to maximize the sales on your website. You can now get 100% OFF the setup fee if you sign up using this coupon code: nosetup4me - with this code the setup fee will be COMPLETELY FREE!
They can't provide this deal to everyone, so this code will be valid this week only - hurry and go to ConsumerSafeguard.com and get them as soon as possible!

Again, remember that having these seals on your site can increase your sales by up to 19%!!!

Thanks!
***
I mentioned gogo dropshipper as being part of this setup I have an email that proves this to be true.Gogo would not give me a quote for a dropshipper after she learned I was in the coaching program. I received this email from the gogo dropship sales person:

Regarding your coaching program

Personal
x

********** ****@gogodropship.com via dynect-mailer.net

12/9/13

to me

****** *********,

Hopefully the steps are coming along well in the ebay program! This is ****, I work with your coach ****** and I'm supposed to reach out to you this week. When would be the best time for me to set up an appointment with you so that I can give you a call? Let me know if there's anything I can help you with when I do call. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,

****

(XXX)XXX-XXXX

****@gogodropship.com

For all these reasons I disagree with Mr. ******.

One last reason I disagree with Mr. ****** is as we were talking on the phone and I would not agree with him he became so angry he yelled
"get off the phone". I got off the phone.

Reply to ********** <****@gogodropship.com>

Forward

********** (****@gogodropship.com)

Change language

From our understanding of Mr. *********'s final response, everything that he said has previously been addressed. Mr. ********* also chose not to address any of the information that we provided in our last response. We wish to reach a positive resolution but by Mr. ********* refusing to address the information we provided he has made it clear that he is unwilling to shift from his original position. Unfortunately, all we can do is reiterate the same facts that were previously documented because Mr. ********* has not supplied any new information or concerns.

Mr. ********* has continuously been referring to one phone call that was missed and made up an hour later. Mr. ********* chose to cancel services and discontinue his weekly phone calls in December 2013, well before this complaint was filed. We have repeatedly stated that we will gladly continue the contracted services and weekly phone calls with Mr. ********* but he has refused.

We cannot stress the cancellation policy that is clearly outlined in the contract, any better then the paragraph below that was submitted in our last response.

"Mr. ********* was never promised a 30 day guarantee or refund. His contract clearly states that there is a 3 day cancellation policy in multiple places. Before signing the contract, Mr. ********* checked a box and initialed next to the cancellation policy stating that he understands and accepts it."

Again, our clearly defined contractual guarantees are as follows;
- If the client cancels within 3 business days of signing the contract, they will be refunded immediately with no questions asked.

- We will continuously work with any client until they are successful.

Mr. ********* did not cancel within 3 business days and he was continuously using the services and program until he canceled. We will gladly continuing working with Mr. ********* until he is successful.

We cannot stress how inaccurate and how many times we have stated to Mr. ********* that we have no affiliation with ANY other companies that have contacted him. We instructed Mr. ********* from day one, that he did not need to purchase any additional services. To help prevent confusion, we provided Mr. ********* with a client ID# and instructed him that he did not need to speak to anyone that did not have his client ID.

Mr. ****** states that I am referring to one missed coaching call. That is not true. I am referring to weekly coaching calls from November 11, till I made this complaint. I had missed so many calls on December 6, 2013 I called and ask why I missed that one. I waited one and one half hours with both phones in hand. No one called. Times when they would tell me two minutes to wait I would wait twenty to thirty minutes and hang up. Because of these reasons on December 8,2013, since I had been promised a thirty day guarantee and I was in the thirty day requirement, I made a request for a refund. One other reason I made this request for a refund is that the contract guarantees satisfaction with the program. In paragraph 3 the contract states: "Guarantees: Marketing Company does not and cannot make any guarantees of success. Rather, Marketing Company will attempt to guarantee satisfaction of service. To meet this end, Marketing Company will provide additional services and resources within its possession to ensure Client's satisfaction." The only reason I bought this program were the guarantees. The contract guaranteed me weekly coaching sessions and guaranteed satisfaction of service. plus I was promised thirty days to get a refund. My only conclusion is that this company does not honor any guarantees or promises.

Web Design