In Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

Classic Connections Travel Company Inc

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

11/14/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation misrepresented the service

Complaint: *** ***** from here contacted us wanting to sell our timeshare. She had a buyer for us ans used the system to get $3000.00 fom us and wants more bogus chages we have to pay or we lose the sale

01/07/2014Advertising / Sales Issues
03/20/2014Advertising / Sales Issues
04/02/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: I signed a contract with *** ****** that stated they would sell my timeshare and they would do so within 30-45 days that was 2 months ago,the contract also stated no fees upfront and then we were told we needed to pay multiple fees and that we had to deal with ******* ****** who was partnered with them and that they handle 400 timeshare closings a month, and they could be trusted. They did not sell my timeshare and now ******* ****** has &18178.00 plus $150 in wire transfer fees and they are not going to close the deal, I was lied to multiple times and *** does not return calls or emails to keep me informed, I feel it was a scam from the beginning. It is suppose to be 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, well I am not satisfied with the outcome or the treatment I had. I believe that ***/Classic Connections should get my money refunded immediately from ******* ****** as Classic Connections is who approached me. I don't understand how the BBB has an A+ RATING for this business as I believe they had no intent on selling my timeshare, and have very poor communication with their customers.I hope they don't rip off more people.

Our company is also a party to the contract that *** & **** ****** entered into as the Seller with ******* ******* We have communicated with ******* ****** and the buyer and have received confirmation from both that they are willing to cancel the contact without penalty.

******* ****** has already requested refunds from the Mexican government for all payments which were made by/on behalf of *** and **** ******, explaining that the purchase/sale has been cancelled and therefore these payments are not required and must be refunded.

We are pleased that we were able to get both ******* ****** and the buyer to agree to cancel without penalty, and have been assured that because the transaction has been cancelled, the Mexican government will refund all funds paid by/on behalf of Mr. & Mrs. ****** directly to them. ******* ****** has confirmed that they have provided the government with the bank information for receiving the refunds.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
I would like to know when we can expect our money to be deposited before I say this is acceptable since I have no name or contact in Mexico and I did I not cancel the contract ******* ************** Connections cancelled the contract without explanation to me. Please supply a contact and phone # for whomever in Mexico that will be refunding my money. I wanted to finish the contract but I was sent a letter by ******* ****** that it could not be completed. So I feel that they need to get this either refunded promptly or finish the transaction. I have already been lied to many times by ******* ****** and Classic Connection seems to not want to be involved, but Classic Connection is with whom we made the contract and Classic Connection involved ******* ******* I also still have nothing that states my timeshare is still in good standing and that this mess does not hurt me from trying to sell it in the future. I would never have got involved in this had I known that it would not be completed as promised and guaranteed by Classic Connections.

We have requested the name and contact information for the person handling the customers's refunds and will email it to the customer as soon as we receive it, which should be later today according to ******* *******

I trust that the complainant will notify BBB once they receive that information.

I am not posting it here due to the instructions not to include names and/or identifying information.

Once this is completed, we expect this complaint to be noted as resolved and expect to get our A+ Rating back.

Classic Connections did send me the name and contact person in Mexico handling the money, however the Mexican people say it will be 2-3 months before they return my money, so I will not say this is resolved until I know my money is returned. Because they can say they are returning it but until I have it, I will not say it is over. I think that before Classic Connections makes contracts they should find out the money that people need to put out, because had I known that all this money would be required I would not have got involved in this, my initial contract said no money upfront, which is not true. It is very upsetting to have this amount of money out and when you are told it would be done in 30-45 days that is what you expect and this started in December, it is now April and it will probably be June or July before I get my money back. I hope that other people don't go through what I have because things are not told to them. I will contact the BBB when I can say this is resolved.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Timeshare Resale and Rental Marketing