Med Workshops LLC

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

01/27/2015Problems with Product / Service
11/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The class was unfair in the way that we were provided with a CD that had 191 assignments on it to complete. However, after completing the assignments and learning the methods described in the answer key on the CD, when we were scheduling our tests, it was made clear to us that we were expected to do things differently on the test than the way we had learned on the CD. This made it confusing, and in addition, in some instances, there were 3 conflicting instructions on how to do things, between the CD, the medical transcription workbook we were provided with, and the hand-outs we were given. I found it very difficult to decipher which way was expected. Why have students learn the technique with 191 assignments (that took several weeks) then change the methods afterwards? The educational methods were not clear or presented in a fair way. When taking quizzes during an earlier part of the class on bookwork and grammar, students were expected to "figure out" the mistakes they made on tests, rather than the teacher clearly explaining the errors and the proper way. Sometimes a quiz would have to be redone 3 times, before the teacher would provide the correct answer to me. I expected more instruction from this class than I received, since I paid $3005.00 for it. The website stated that typing tests could be taken over if a student did not pass the first time, however, tests were not allowed to be taken over in this instance. During the typing tests at the end: I made an error on test #1 which the teacher provided me with the proper way of doing it. In a previous test, when a similar instance came up, and I did it the way I was told to do it on the corrected version of my first test, I still got it wrong. I feel if the school had provided uniform instruction across the board, rather than conflicting instruction between the hand-outs, assignment CD/answer key, and the workbook, I would have been better prepared and had a greater chance in passing the typing tests at the end.
Product_Or_Service: Medical Transcription Class and Books
Account_Number: enrollment agreement

I would like a refund for the money I paid for the class and books ($3005.00) because I do not believe the education provided by the school was done in a clear manner that would best prepare students to be successful in the testing at the end of the program that is necessary to enter the mentored internship and graduate, due to conflicting instruction between the assignment cd/answer key, the workbook, and the hand-outs.

Schools - Academic - Colleges & Universities, Schools - Business & Vocational