Kitchen Transformations LLC

12 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

Additional Complaint Information

On January 23, 2014, BBB recognized a pattern of complaints from consumers regarding delivery and service issues. Consumers allege after paying a large deposit and purchasing supplies for their projects, Kitchen Transformations LLC missed the deadline and has become unresponsive to requests for assistance. Consumers also allege Kitchen Transformations LLC appears to have gone out of business; when visiting the storefront, they discover the doors are locked with chains and the business is closed.

06/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We would like to have an estimate of the requested work. It has been over 3 weeks since the initial estimate was to be prepared and presented. All we have gotten are excuse after excuse.

GIVE US OUR ESTIMATE

This is uncalled for.We looked at the project for the purposes of giving the *********'s a bid.We are a small start up and we are just getting our legs,we explained to them that we have had a death in the family and an illness and that we felt that they would be better served to look elsewhere as at this time as we were not able to accommodate them.We were told not by **** who had no input on the project at all and was not present for any of the meetings but by his wife that because of the delay they would never use us but she wanted the bid anyway, We do not intend to provide these people with any kind of estimate.How can you complain about a company that has taken no money or provided no goods or services, they only failed to provide a FREE estimate to a customer that has no intention of using them.Being small business owners themselves I am surprised that they did not take into consideration how this can hurt a business trying to get started, to date we have received a complaint on ****(their restaurant is also reviewed on **** and has over 20 negative reviews)and now a bbb complaint.

Although *****'s estimate is free, it is still a service he agreed to provide us at our initial meeting which I (****) was present at. He did come back a second time to take measurements of our kitchen the following week, so we were on the right track at this point. In *****'s response he seems to infer that we were told up front that they would not be able to provide a bid. This is not true. We were informed of this on a **** response. This was approximately one month after the initial meeting, a death in his family, a cold, a bout of e coli, and about 10 attempts to contact him by phone. When my wife did contact him the 2 times she was able to, ***** said he had the estimate done and would email it. Both times nothing arrived. I am usually a really laid back person and let things "slide" by. However, I could not stand not to say something about him completely lying to us about having the estimate done, twice. In his **** response, his leading reason for not providing an estimate seemed to be our **** review and complaint to BBB, not that we were not going to use his design. My wife did not say we would not use their services but still wanted the estimate. I would say if we would have received his bid, we surely would have taken into account the delay in getting our bid in our decision to use his company, as I might expect similar delays further down the project. This is just common sense. If ***** wants to continue to be a business owner he should not ignore his potential customers and not lie to them. Instead of blaming us for his poor review, ***** should really look at himself.

02/10/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

We paid a deposit of $1,601.00 for work to begin in December and after being postponed once we could never get a hold of them again. I have been to the business and called many times.

Without getting a response from Kitchen Transformations LLC we see no other recourse than to cancel the contract and ask for a complete refund immediately.

02/10/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Contractor - did not perform any work as described in contract on three different start work dates and has appeared to close his business. He does not respond to phone calls, emails and show room doors are padlocked w/chain. I gave the down payment of $2,250.00 9/23/13 and additional $4,500,00 at measuring of kitchen per contract. As of this date 1/15/14 I have had no work performed and no one from Kitchen Transformations has contacted me. It appears they are out of business and I am out $6,750.00

I would like to receive my money back for non service.

02/07/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

We hired this company to do a bathroom remodel that was supposed start on Monday, December 16th 2013. We had given them two deposit checks totaling $4533.00. Two days before the start we receive a call from the "showroom" mgr. who also happens to be the owners (***** ** *******) sister, stating the job would be delayed do to a contractor problem. She could not or would not elaborate on the situation, but indicated the owner, ***** would call us. For the next five days we tried to call them. We received no answers to our voice mails until I received a text message from ***** the owner, telling us he would contact us the next day. That never did happen. We also received a letter from one of the vendors that they had worked with, telling us that Kitchen Transformations was out of business and that they owe money to many vendors in town. I texted the owner that he was FIRED and told him that we expect a full refund of our deposit, since they did absolutely no work! Still NO Reply.

I want my deposit's of $4533.00 returned, since no work was ever started and according to their vendors, they are out of business.

02/07/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have a scheduled kitchen renovation with a start date of 12/30 through kitchen transformations LLC. I had not heard from the office and was concerned because I never received the sample door to pick out the granite and tile. I proceeded to call the office on 12/13 but no one answered. I left a VM. I called again the morning of the 12/14 but no answer again so I drove to the showroom which should have been open until 5 PM and the doors were locked and lights out at 2 PM. I proceeded to call the sales rep who later called to inform me that the company was going belly up and that he was laid off. He gave me the owners telephone number, ***** *******, which I called immediately. He did not answer and later texted me to inform me that they planned to move forward with all projects and that he would get back to me the next day. He failed to follow-up and I texted him on 12/16, he called me back at 8 PM that day and proceeded to tell me that they were having cash flow issues due to too many large projects and that they were downsizing, not closing their doors. He was going to pull the files and meet me at my house on 12/21 at 10 AM. He never showed so I proceeded to reach out to him. He made up an excuse and rescheduled for 9:30 AM today (12/22). He never showed and did not return my telephone calls or texts. I have already made two payments, totaling more than $15K (roughly half of the project). His failure to return my calls and meet with me has left me no choice. I will not sit by and allow him to take my money with absolutely no result. They have done nothing for my kitchen and most certainly will not start on time when they are unwilling to meet with me. During the one telephone conversation I have had with him (he only returned one of many)I have expressed to him that I want a full refund but he refused to discuss the "options" over the telephone with me.

I would like a total refund. No services have been provided, if anything I am the one who has done more work. I have already cleared out my kitchen and was about to do the demo and I have been paying interest on a home equity line of credit for this project. I am seeking the sum of $15232 be returned to me.

02/07/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Original contract signed October 2, 2013 with 15% paid as down payment. Additional 30% paid October 25, 2013 for engineering (down payment for cabinets, granite, etc.). Start date was scheduled for December 9, 2013. In December the start date was pushed out to January 13, 2014. Showroom is chained & padlocked shut and owner will not respond to phone calls, emails or text. Cabinet manufacturer confirmed that cabinet order was never placed. Breach of contract.

Refund of money.

03/18/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sales person represented services as a single job site / fully managed project (from contacting / scheduling all sub contractor work to ensuring work is completed satisfactorily and sub contracts are paid). Stated a dedicated Kitchen Transformations, LLC Project Manager/Installer would be onsite every day from day one to completion to either complete Kitchen Transformation, LLC specific work and/or oversee vendor/sub contractor work. Sales person specifically stated once a particular job starts, complete attention is focused on that job by the Kitchen Transformations, LLC employee(s) assigned to that job. Written advertising from company supported the above statements made by sales person. Contract we signed was for cabinets to be built by *****************, a well known company with a reputation for quality products & warranty. This did not take place, instead Kitchen Transformations, LLC built the cabinet bases. Veneers, drawer boxes, cabinet doors & drawer fronts were paid for under the original contract and amount already paid to Kitchen Transformations, LLC, however, in order to secure material and/or satisfy outstanding amounts due to vendors, home owner paid vendors directly as well.

Kitchen Transformations LLC abandoned our kitchen project on December 23, 2013; substantial completion not achieved.

We also placed a deposit with Kitchen Transformations, LLC for a bathroom remodel to be completed in March, 2014. No work has begun nor have any materials been ordered for this project, we simply held a start date. This project was canceled and we requested a refund of this deposit on multiple occasions; in December the owner stated he would provide a full refund, we have not heard from him since that time and he will not return calls. Attempts to make contact via certified mail have also failed.

The owner (*****************) mis-represented his company's services and failed to deliver on the contract we entered into with his company.

Cash refund for services and materials

03/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We made two down payments for a remodeling job. The company never performed any of the work and went out of business approximately two weeks before they were due to start the work.

Reimbursement of the funds we paid to the company.

03/18/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

In October of 2013 we contracted with Kitchen Transformations, located in Bellevue, to remodel our kitchen and bathroom. Work on the remodel was supposed to start on January 9, 2014. Sometime in December they called and pushed our remodel out to Jan 27th, 2014. When we called in January to re-confirm the appointment, there was no answer on their phone and their voice mailbox was full. We called the tile company that we were supposed to deal with and they told us that the doors to Kitchen Transformations were chained closed. We were later told by someone else that the IRS had chained the doors. Before any work would be started on our remodel, we were required to make two payments which added up to several thousand dollars. Furthermore they would not accept a credit card, which resulted in cash payments for the planned work. We have had no contact from Kitchen Transformations although we have tried to contact them several times.
Product_Or_Service: Kitchen/Bath Remodel
Account_Number: *************

We would like to have our money refunded. After checking with other customers of Kitchen Transformations, we determined that they knew at the time we signed the contract that they were in deep financial trouble and yet they insisted on having their money up-front.

03/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We paid a large deposits to Kitchen Transformations LLC for a kitchen remodel. They have been unresponsive to telephone calls and certified mail for almost 2 months. The showroom is dark and the doors chained shut.
We have requested a full return of our payments by certified mail
but have heard nothing from them.

Total & Full refund of our deposits.

Kitchen Remodeling, Cabinet Refacing, Cabinet Maker, Countertops, Floor Coverings & Installation, Remodeling Services, Bathroom Remodeling, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling