Days Inn Seattle

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

02/17/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I made a reservation online for one night of stay and used by debit mastercard. When I arrived at the Days Inn location they refused to accept the same debt mastercard to check me in and would not give the room to me. I had to leave and go to a different Motel down the stree which did accept my card and gave me a room. I told the man at the front desk that I expected to not be charged for the room since they did not provide it but the put the charge through to my account any way and have not processed a refund.

refund of the exact amount charged to my account for the room they did not provide which was $77.89 - the reservation was made on 12/19/14 and it was for that night. The charge went through on 12/20/14.

11/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I booked a room for 6 nights on ********* at the Day's Inn. When I attempted to check in, I was told that I needed a true credit card (not simply a **** credit/ debit card) for incidentals. I do not have one and was told no exceptions could be made. This struck me as unfortunate because I travel for work and use that card to check into hotels multiple times a year. However, my girlfriend who I was traveling with had a credit card, so I offered to simply use that. I was told by Front Desk Agent ***** that any changes had to go through ********** I called ********** who called the hotel and requested that either my card be accepted or my girlfriend be added to the reservation so her card could be used. ***** told ********* that neither were doable and that there was nothing more she could do.

At this point, for the first time, I was concerned because it was becoming clear that the hotel did not appear interested in helping me find a solution to what I considered a fairly straight forward, simple problem. ***** told me she was not able to give me the contact information for the General Manager, that she was new and that she was "not even going to talk about this anymore." She said that her "supervisor," *****, came on at 3:00pm and he might be better able to help.

I said that would be great and took a walk as we waited the 15 minutes for *****. When I came back, ***** greeted another couple checking in and us. After they checked in, I asked ***** if ***** had informed him of our situation. He said "who?" After being reminded, he said simply, "we can't check you in." He then told me that he had talked to both ***** and the GM about it. I asked him if I could speak to the GM and he told me she was very difficult to talk to, that she is never seen or heard from, "like the Wizard of Oz." I reminded him that he told me he had just talked to her. At this point, he stood up to do an impression of the Wizard of Oz, to demonstrate the difficulty of contacting the GM. For the first time, I started to get frustrated. I asked him if he would stop and please show some empathy for my situation, as I had already paid $455 for the room. He told me he "empathized bro," but that I could not check in.

At this point, I said he was less helpful than ****** who, although new, at least appeared to want to be helpful. ***** than informed me that we were trespassing and that he was going to call the police in 3 minutes. I thought that was ok, as it was clearly unjust what was happening. He placed a call he said was to the police. As we waited, ***** said that he used to "take these situations into his own hands" but that he was trying not to anymore. I said that was probably good, as it sounds like that would be wrong and probably illegal. The police never came and my girlfriend and I left at about 3:15, having arrived to check at about 1:30.

I understand the need to have clear policies in place and to protect the reputation and safety of one's establishment. However, I was truly blown away by how little it appeared they wanted to help a customer who booked 6 nights. We were put in a real bind because of it. Mostly it was very surprising, almost surreal, how casually the front desk agents could inform me that the hotel would not let me stay there.

The Day's Inn 800 number informed me that checking in with a debit card, as long as it has a **** logo, would be "no problem."

I would like a refund for my stay that I was not able to use. It totaled $455.70.

Hotels