Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

Vision Quest Sport & Fitness

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

11/20/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Unauthorized bank debits

Complaint: -Last year I purchased a one and a half year membership (for a one year price) up front from Vision Quest at a discounted rate from the month to month premiums. When I toured the facility with the sales rep, he informed me that the small gym was purchasing the adjacent business space in the coming months (2-3) and that the gym would be expanded into this area, this never happened. When I was signing up for the membership I asked about automatic renewals and I was told that it was not mandatory. I thought great, if this gym works out I will be able to purchase another one year block when the time comes. Unfortunately I was not able to utilize the gym much after my daughter was born and I let the contract expire. A few months later I noticed Vision Quest taking money out of my account, their advertised amount of $19.99 plus tax for a monthly membership. When I contacted the gym about this, they informed me that all contracts turn into a month to month contract if they are not renewed. This is the opposite of what the sales rep explicitly told me. Vision Quest said I would need to talk to their finance department (specifically ********) who was out of the office. I heard nothing back after leaving messages several times. Finally I got the her on the phone and she informed me that I would need to come in and sign that I was cancelling a policy (one that I never agreed to). That weekend I went down to the gym to cancel and the rep there told me that policies can only be cancelled Monday through Friday. What?? At this point I asked for a copy of the contract that showed I signed this policy and the month to month contract. I was informed that only the finance department has access to these records and that they would contact me. Never heard a word from them. That following week I went back and cancelled "the membership" and was informed that the withdraws would stop AFTER the next month per the contract. Again I asked for the copy that shows that I signed this and was again told that I would be contacted about this. I still have not been contacted. This company is practicing fraudulent sales techniques in order to gain membership and then making it as painful as possible to end the membership by adding on new policies and attaching them to old contracts that they can not show proof of when asked. I did not sign any such agreement (as when signing up with a new bank, stating that they may change the policy/contract at any time without prior notice).

Vision Quest is going to process the refund for the 3 months at $20.81 totaling $62.43 for the member to keep good customer relations.

Our last communication with this member was August 2013 and cancellation procedure was explained to him at the time per the notes on his account. Also this location has been expanded by over 5000 square feet in the last year or 2.

07/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: My father ******* signed up with Vision Quest for one year and paid the full amount on July 28-2011. When he signed up, he asked what would happen if he had to leave the country and the person said his account would freeze, but they never said for how long.Five months after joining the gym, he had to leave the country because his mother was sick. After three months, we found out he was not coming back for a while. My mother and sister went to Vision Quest and ask to freeze his account for four months. My mother doesn't remember the female employee name at the desk that was helping them,but states she could point her out if she saw her.My mother and sister said, the employee never gave them paper to sign and the employee said she would freeze his account.Couple months after that I called my self and freeze his account for another two months, so Jan/Feb 2013 and the person said my mother would have to come and sign paper and she did.It's only later on that we found out that his account was never freeze for the four months.Three days I called and left my cellphone number to have the manger call me and no one ever returned my calls. Finally I called myself on day four and spoke with a manager name ****. He told me there was no number to call me back.That was a not true because ever time I called they asked for my number. This manager is a lier and has a terrible customer service.I tried to explain to him, that my mother and sister were never told to sign anything when they were there. He pretty much assume that we were lying, but explained to him that his employee should have gave them the paper to sign and should have told my mother and sister, the company only freeze account for two months. They were never told that. I asked him to give my the corporate office number for Vision Quest. He said he doesn't have the number. I asked why he didn't know the number and he keep saying, he doesn't have the number. He then told me to go to the website and I would find the number. I go to the website and could not find any numbers, where you could make a complaint.My father canceled his membership, because they lie about freezing his account. How does a manger not know the number to his company corporate office? I know he was lying. I was the one who referral my parents to that the gym, and i will never referral anyone to that gym again. I would never filed a complaint with BBB, if he had gave me the number. I suggest that this manager has the number and give it to customers when request.

His membership was put on a 2 month freeze in Jan 2013. He was billed for March and April 2013. It sounds like there was some confusion so we are going to refund the 2 months he was billed and cancel out the membership. You have already filled out a cancellation form so you do not need to come back in the club. You will see the money refunded to the card it was drafted from.

I don't think this will be resolve, so this is going to be my last entry. Going back to my first statement,I said the employee told my mother and sister she was going to freeze the account for four months and never did it. The problem why you are not finding anything on his file is because she never did it. She verbally told them that. My father paid the full amount when he signed, so i don't think money would have been drafted. My main reason why I filed a complaint is for two reason. First reason, is the employee she never said she will freeze his account and never follow through with it. Second reason, the manager lied to me about where I could get the corporate number.

I am sorry if there is was a miscommunication. Your father had a buy one year get 6 months free and his first billing date was Jan 2013. Jan 2013 and Feb 2013 were frozen and that was what was noted in the account. If Nov 2012 and Dec 2012 were suppose to be froze we can not freeze free time. We did refund the March and April payment. If those were suppose to be froze too I apologize I have spoken with both managers, but I believe we have corrected the issue.

04/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

Complaint: I called regarding my account/billing. I had asked several times for the billing date to be changed. I was always told "Okay we will take care of that for you" Today, I checked my account to see that three charges PLUS three overdraft fees were taken out. I called Vision quest to get this resolved, again. I was told that he would need to check all "areas" to make sure I filled out paperwork. I was never asked to fill anything out, but had asked about changing it when I changed my billing method. I was told that "he believed me" but that he would not refund the over draft fees of $75 because it wasn't their fault. I am livid. This is a Vision quest error, and to tell me that you "believe" me and then tell me that your not going to refund YOUR mistake is horrible customer service. At the least I feel like this should have been made right. I am not rich, but get by... and liked this gym until now. I believe customer service (being in it) is the number one key to running a business. I simply asked for them to refund my $75 and change my billing date, again, like I had previously asked more than once. Further more I will be looking for a new work out facility.

The annual club maintenance fee of $29 per membership was refunded back to the card it was taken from. This is a fee that is on the front of the agreement and it is initialed off. We refunded it back to the member and it will take 3-5 business days for them to see it. Please contact ***** or myself and we will get the billing date changed for you.

10/26/2012Billing / Collection Issues