Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

BBB Accredited Business since 01/14/2005

Gravity Payments

09/27/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have online retail store and mostly I charge Japanese peoples card.
and I reentry noticed I had incoming money since last year.
I get settlement report and it was saying settlement success everyday, so I shipped item which I didn't receive money.
I didn't check my account because I receive "settlement report" and I trusted as they have it in title of their homepage.

I came through with sales rep to get my money back. but there is so many problems.
first one get complains from customer regarding charging 3 month after.
biggest problem was currency rate.
it's a money stuff and we are on every social networks because internet based business.
got so many bad rumors and especially they are told everybody like my web site is un-trustable about money stuffs.
who wants to buy something from us? we are almost 40% less than expected.

I don't really want to lose any money.
I want this company to pay me for lost customer and all the work(time) to find out all the problems and solve problems
I want all the transaction fees while they had settlement issues about 4 month.
I want to be free from stress because of this "Trusted transaction" company

I'd like to explain the situation this merchant was the unfortunate victim of to help clarify the issue before responding to his desired resolutions. The merchant ran transactions via an internet gateway called ************* for several months. This gateway gave him reports suggesting that his batch had settled and that he would receive funding. There was a technical error between this gateway and the front-end processor Gravity Payments uses to process ***'s transactions that led to these authorized payments never having been settled. This meant *** did not receive funding for these transactions. Without any visibility on ***'s personal internet gateway account nothing seemed amiss and Gravity Payments had no way of knowing the merchant was missing funds. The merchant realized they were not receiving payments three months after the error took place and brought it to Gravity's attention.
When the issue was understood Gravity Payments proceeded to attempt to address the issue with both ************* and the front-end processor. The goal was to establish where the connection was missing to make sure it would not continue, as well as to attempt to have ************* resend the missing batches for settlement. Both parties, ************* and the front-end processor, responded similarly, suggesting the other was to blame for the miscommunication. When escalated the issue dissolved into not having records 3 months back from the front-end and ************* lacking quantifiable proof that they had sent the batch information.
At this point Gravity decided to bypass both of these arguing parties in order to help the merchant retain the funds they thought had processed correctly. We offered to re-key transactions for all of the missing batches, and explained the inherent risk. Customers would be seeing a charge to their credit card that they had not authorized in recompense for a charge that never settled. The merchant insisted that he would explain to his customers and they would understand the situation. He did ask, however, that we adjust the amount we ran the transactions for to reflect the correct sales amount in Yen. As we were not familiar with the exchange rate and wanted to be confident in the amounts run, the merchant provided the yen rates the original transactions were run at. Gravity double checked these amounts and exchange rates with the merchant before running these transactions.
When running these transactions a handful inevitably declined. Gravity issued a courtesy refund to the merchant in the amount of $1,999.23. This covered both the discrepancy between the original transaction amount and the exchange adjusted re-keyed amount. This also covered all of the cards that were declined when re-ran. *** International has thus received the entirety of the lost amount across several months of sporadically missing batches. In addition to this $1,999.23, $263.66 was refunded to the merchant as a courtesy for his time and effort. This amount was agreed to as he believed his losses totaled $2,262.89 rather than $1,999.23.
The merchant signed an agreement to this refund as well as verbally and over e-mail confirmed his understanding that Gravity Payments was not to blame, and has only worked as an advocate for him in these unfortunate circumstances. Two weeks after this refund was issued, the merchant began experiencing customer complaints. Meanwhile Gravity has monitored all Chargeback and Retrieval requests for *** since the re-keys and has also met with the merchant in person to discuss options and ways to smooth out the difficult situation. In all of these attempts the merchant has presented an understanding of the situation and even considered switching away from ************* and onto another internet gateway.
Lastly I'd like to address this merchant's desired resolution, as I believe these terms have already been met:
"I don't really want to lose any money."
As addressed above, all of ***'s missing batches were re-keyed or refunded directly from Gravity. The merchant is not missing any money.
"I want this company to pay me for lost customer and all the work(time) to find out all the problems and solve problem"
While it is true that the merchant did put in time to resolve this issue, Gravity Payments has put in tenfold the effort to resolve the issue, both in working with the various companies *** was processing through and resolving ***'s missing funds.
"I want all the transaction fees while they had settlement issues about 4 month."
This is not reasonable because *** was not billed for the transactions that were not processed and were only billed for batches that did successfully settle.
"I want to be free from stress because of this 'Trusted transaction' company"
Again I would like to point out the continued effort of Gravity Payments to handle future chargebacks and retrievals, as well as multiple check-ins from the account representative.

Gravity Payments did in fact make inquiries into the missed communication from ************* and did complain to our direct contacts for the dropped service. The response that always remained was that this was brought to their attention far past their records had expired. This was only found to be an issue 3 months after the initial transactions, and as such, was not something they could investigate. Had *** reconciled the processing statement provided to them from Gravity Payments when they had received it against the reporting ************* was providing them a solution could have been found. This solution would have been better for ***'s customers as it would have been run on valid authorization codes and would not have happened for multiple months, thus fewer effected customers. It also would have insured that *************'s technical information as to the nature of the problem would have been readily available to determine what the problem was and add validity to Gravity's grievances. Regardless, Gravity did issue complaints to ************* and did attempt to address the technical issue back and forth several times. The fact that the issue has not reoccurred since 3 months before the issue was found made the grievance difficult to pursue.

This maybe does help gravity payments but not helping *** at all.

"This maybe does help gravity payments but not helping *** at all."

It is fair to say that Gravity's complaints to ************* did not result in any sort of help or funding to ***. Gravity took it upon itself to do what they could to help *** directly because the grievances issued against Authorize.net were so unsuccessful. This is why Gravity took the lead on re-keying the missing transactions for ***. When *** requested that Gravity re-key the transactions at different dollar amounts to account for the change in the Yen exchange rate, Gravity not only re-keyed those transactions at the lower amount, but issued a refund to *** for the difference in American dollars. When cards had expired because these transactions were being rekeyed so much later than the original authorizations, Gravity covered those costs. Gravity also issued refunds to cover any cards that declined in the rekey, and when *** still thought they were missing funds, those amounts were refunded as well. In total Gravity refunded *** $2,262.69 in addition to working extremely hard to rekey every transaction possible. So while it may be fair to say Gravity's complaints and grievances against ************* did not help ***, it would not be fair to say that Gravity Payments did not do everything in its power to alleviate this unfortunate situation.

06/03/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have discussed this problem for the past 3 years with this company. I have been billed every month for the amount of 5 to 15 dollars. I have cancelled several times, by mail, by phone and by fax. The company still continues to auto debit every month. I have never actually used the service. I have been billed for the past 5 years. I dont know how to stop it. My bank has a large fee to stop the auto debit but i guess i would rather pay that. Please help me. I am unemployed and I feel i am being taken advantage.

I my have fulfilled my contract years ago and have never signed a new contract. Can you make it stop? has this been happening to others with this company?

We understand our former client's frustration and will do our best to make this situation right. On July 17, ****, ****** ***** signed a three year agreement for merchant services for her business TolietriesFast. Our records indicate that ****** and an employee, ****, have called in several times with questions about their account and regarding cancellation. Each time, they were informed that a signed, written notification was necessary to terminate the agreement, and that if they terminated the agreement within the initial three year term, that they would incur a early termination fee. The client declined to terminate at those times in order to not incur the fee. Other services used by the client appear to have been terminated in 2011, so that the only regular fee charged to the merchant was a $5.00 month statement fee. The first and only written notification of termination we received was faxed to us on April 10, ****, and the merchant was charged a final fee for the month of April at the beginning of May. The account is currently closed and the merchant will not incur any further fees from us. We are willing to make things right by refunding this former client a full year of statement fees.

Credit Card Processing Service, Business Services - General, Bill Paying Service