In Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

Viewone Tech LLC

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

07/31/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies

Complaint: From the on-line site I ordered a laptop screen. I installed it. It did not work. I then had to pay a computer repair complaint to trouble shoot it. They confirmed the screen was defective and ordered another from a local firm. Itw as installed and my laptop works great. I contacted ViewOneTech and asked for refund procedures. I received a form, filled it in and emailed it back. Was todl by**** **** it would be months before it could be processed. I never got a refund. I followed up again today for the second time. I complained and got a refund the same day. If I had not called I would have lost $70.00. So haow many other people does this affect? BBB should check into it. I order it on 10 Sep 12; it shipped the next day. I filled out the refund forms and shipped the screen back. According to their refund policy if should have been processed in 2 days;******** said two months for some reason. On March 4, I wrote to ask for an status. Nothing. So I called today, 28 June 2013 and got someone on the phone. I WOULD HATE TO THINK THAT PART OF THEIR BUSINESS MODEL IS TO RELY ON THE FORGETFULNESS OF THEIR CLIENTS--BUT I HATE BEING BILKED. THIS WASTED TOO MUCH OF MY VALUABLE TIME OVER $70.00!!

We have issued full refund to this customer on the 26th of June.

03/21/2013Problems with Product / Service
11/22/2012Problems with Product / Service
04/30/2012Problems with Product / Service
04/27/2012Problems with Product / Service
01/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: Bought a laptop screen from their store Oct 4 2013.
Was told I have 120 days to return for a refund.
I attempted to return the screen on Oct 15 and they tested the screen without an actual laptop tester, also stated I would be charged 25 % of my actual charge. I again attempted to install the laptop screen still doesnt work, but my old cracked laptop screen works, so I concluded this is a compatibility issue. I called the store and just kept ringing with no voicemail decided to return to their store on 10/21, the place was closed and no signs on the door.

I would like to file a complaint for their return policy and the fact that there is no forwarding address to do returns nor was it on their phone message. On my credit card it appears to be a different company.

The product is still at the customer's possession. The customer came in our office claiming he experienced technical difficulty after installing the screen on his laptop. We immediately tested the screen with our LCD testing machine. However, the screen was function normally on our machine. The customer saw the screen functioning normally on our testing machine.

We then informed the customer if he would like to return, the refund will be issued with 20% restocking fee associated. This restocking fee is due to depreciation associated with every return. We can no longer sell the screen as 'brand new', the price is marked down at least 20% after each return. After we informed the customer, he refused to settle with the 80% refund and left our office with the screen.

We are willing to waive the 20% restocking fee if the customer is willing to return the product to us. Our address has changed since last time he visited.

Please see below for our return policy:
* Our product comes with (120) days replacement warranty against Manufacture Defects such as lines, shaky or distorted picture, and (7) days refund warranty against Cosmetics or Dead-on-Arrival (DOA) Defects. After the warranty period, no exchange or refund will be accepted.
* Customers have (7) days to check products and report defects for full-refund. After the (7) days inspection period, if your product shows defect within the (120) days warranty period, only exchange or store credit will be available.
* If for any reason other than defects you want to return the product for refund within the (7) days inspection period, you will only refund 80% sales price.
* Don't try to fix the product yourself. We do not accept damaged products due to buyer's mishandling. All return products need to be in out-of-box condition.
* All return products must have a proper RMA number. Please request your RMA number before returning the product.
* Return shipment must be postmarked within seven (7) business days of receipt of RMA number. The RMA number must be written on the outside of the box to be returned.
* Customer will be responsible for all return shipping charges.
* Customer satisfaction is always our top priority. We work with our distributors to guarantee the quality of our products and we want you to fully satisfy with your purchase.

This is news to me. There was no communication that refund will be reduced at 20 %. They only stated that you can get have refund if you return the laptop screen within 120 days, nor did it state anywhere in their receipt the conditions aforementioned above.(I have a copy of the receipt. (it s a bait and switch scenario) The LCD tester was generic it does not equate the plethora of laptop brands and incompatibilities of each of the micro connections and ports.

Lastly not providing customers of a change of business name and address not even a sign on their door (moved to....) is alarming for consumers/customers especially for returns.

For this reason I expect a full refund if I would have known I would have tested my computer in less than 7 days.

My laptop is still working as I have re installed the old cracked screen which works and is compatible to my particular laptop this is evidence that the screen they have sold me is not compatible to my laptop.

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

07/17/2013Problems with Product / Service