In Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

Honda of Burien

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

06/04/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Advertised terms not honored

Complaint: Western Washington Honda Dealers were offering a test drive promotion on May 7th through May 11th of 2014. The promotion was that with a test drive of a new Honda, the dealership would provide a $50 Visa gift card, no purchase necessary or strings attached. I saw this commercial and thought I would call my local dealer to find out if this is something they are participating in. I am in the market for a new vehicle and usually would not choose Honda, but with this attractive offer, I thought I would test drive a Honda. I called the Honda of Burien and spoke with a sales manager by the name of ******* ********** he said that their dealership is defiantly participating in the offer and he would like to schedule me to come in for the test drive. I came in for the test drive on May 8, 2014 and after the test drive I inquired about the gift card promotion that we discussed over the phone earlier that day, ******* (sales manager) told me that the card will come in the mail. He took a copy of my drivers license and insurance card, I said ok then if it's in the mail. This sounded very strange because that is not what the commercial stated nor was it what we discussed over the phone. I to this day have not received any gift card in the mail. I feel like this sales manager lied to me over the phone and lied to me to my face after the test drive and I am very upset about this. I feel used and betrayed because he wanted to sell a car so bad that he lied to me.
Account_Number: **** Certificate Num

We have received confirmation that the gift card has been sent to the customer.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
gift card received in the mail. Issue resolved. Please close the complaint.

08/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: We leased a new vehicle and traded in our older vehicle. Asked finance manager to remove remaining personal effects from trade and put aside; he agreed, but didn't. Our property was discarded. We were expecting a check for trade residual; didn't deliver when promised; multiple calls got multiple promises of "it's in the mail". Nearly three weeks later postmark verified those statements to be lies. Called Honda financial 30 days in when no payment info arrived; were told paperwork never submitted; recommended we call dealership. Finance manager ***** lied on phone; got aggressive when I called him on the lies. Now with almost six weeks in, still no paperwork, no registration, temporary tabs about to expire and my calls are avoided by all employees, including the GM; can't even get a return call.

The financial aspects of their purchase have been finalized, and our GM has spoken with them personally and apologized. All personal effects were removed from the vehicle and returned to the customer with the exception of a license plate frame which the customer had originally stated that they did not want, but reconsidered after it had already been disposed of. To our knowledge, all concerns have been addressed.

07/23/2014Advertising / Sales Issues