Charity ReviewIssued: December 2015 Expires: December 2017
Boys & Girls Clubs of King County
Standards for Charity Accountability
Boys & Girls Clubs of King County meets the 20 Standards for Charity Accountability.
The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of King County is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Incorporated: 1944 in WA
Also Known As: Bainbridge Island Boys & Girls Club , Ballard Boys & Girls Club , Boys & Girls Club of King County Childcare @ Bagley Elementary , Boys & Girls Club of King County Childcare @ Bethany Community Center , Boys & Girls Club of King County Childcare @ North Beach Elementary , Boys & Girls Club of King County Childcare @ Olympic Hills Elementary , Boys & Girls of King County Club Service Center , Ex3 Boys & Girls Club , Federal Way Boys & Girls Club , Kirkland Boys & Girls Club , North Seattle Boys & Girls Club , Rainier Vista Boys & Girls Club , Redmond/Sammamish Boys & Girls Club , Renton Skyway Boys & Girls Club , Rotary Boys & Girls Club , Southwest Boys & Girls Club , Wallingford Boys & Girls Club
Every day, the professional youth development staff at Boys & Girls Clubs of King County are changing lives, giving kids a place to call their own--a safe, fun, inclusive and inspiring atmosphere that families can count on. Dedicated to promoting healthy choices and inspiring youth to make decisions that put their dreams within reach, their programs support three core impact areas:
Academic Success: Their goal is to prepare teens to graduate from high school and be ready and qualified to attend college or trade school and gain employment.
Healthy Lifestyles: They prepare kids and teens to adopt a healthy diet, practice healthy choices (such as abstaining from harmful substances) and commit to lifelong fitness.
Good Character & Citizenship: Their programs model strong character and teach youth to be engaged citizens by getting involved in the community.
Who They Serve and Where They Serve Them:
- 12 Clubs: Ballard, Bainbridge Island, Federal Way, Kirkland, Mercer Island, North Seattle, Rainier Vista (Rainier Valley), Redmond/Sammamish, Renway (Renton/Skyway), Rotary (Central District), Southwest (White Center/West Seattle) and Wallingford
- 2 Teen Centers: Ron Sandwith Teen Center in Federal Way and the Sammamish Teen Center
- 26 Early Learning and Child Care sites throughout King County
Who They Are and What They Provide:
- Nationally, Boys & Girls Clubs of King County led the movement in adding "Girls" to the Club mission and name.
- 40 locations provide space for children and teens to learn, create and attain their best in academics, athletics and more.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of King County is a facility-based youth service organization that provides daily access to a diverse set of programs designed for all kids aged 5-18! Clubs are open after school, evenings and weekends as well as daytime hours in the summer.
Board Chair: Mr. Brad Chase, Retired Business Affiliation: Chase Consulting
CEO: Mr. Calvin Lyons, President/CEO
Board Size: 25
% of Related Contributions on Fundraising: 15.33%
This organization is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is eligible to receive contributions deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes.
The following information is based on Boys & Girls Clubs of King County Audited Financial Statements for the fiscal year ending Monday, June 30, 2014.
An organization may change its practices at any time without notice. A copy of this report has been shared with the organization prior to publication. It is not intended to recommend or deprecate, and is furnished solely to assist you in exercising your own judgment. If the report is about a charity and states the charity meets or does not meet the Standards for Charity Accountability, it reflects the results of an evaluation of information and materials provided voluntarily by the charity. The name Better Business Bureau is a registered service mark of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
This report is not to be used for fund raising or promotional purposes.