Charity ReviewIssued: December 2014 Expires: December 2016
Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County
Standards for Charity Accountability
Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County meets the 20 Standards for Charity Accountability.
The mission of the Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County is to advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
Year, State incorporated: 1888 in WA
Also Known As: The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County
The Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County is a shelter for lost and found pets. The programs offered include pet adoption, kennels, cattery and healthcare, online listing of pets, free or low cost Spaying/Neutering, euthanasia, humane and educational programs.
Every year the Humane Society:
- Shelters and cares for more than 11,000 homeless animals
- Reunites more than 1,500 lost pets were owners
- Finds loving homes for more than 6,000 shelter pets
- Provides veterinary care for more than 3,000 ill or injured shelter pets
- Provides low-cost spay/neuter to more than 3,000 pets
- Provides foster homes for more than 900 under-aged, orphaned, or special-needs pets
- Provides ennrichment programs, such as daily walks, play time, exercise, interactive toys, and more for shelter pets.
- Bathes and grooms more than 2,000 shelter pets to make them more comfortable and increase their chances for adoption.
- Provides pet care assistance to under-served neighborhoods, including door-to-door canvassing, providing free vaccines to more than 1,000 pets and free spay and neuter to more than 400 pets
- Provides pet food for more than 3,000 needy through our Pet Food Bank. - Provides veterinary care assistance to more than 500 owned pets through its Community Pet Care Fund
- Involves more than 600 volunteers, who give 70,000 hours volunteering in a dozen programs.
CEO: Ms. Kathleen Olson, Executive Director Business Affiliation: Humane Society For Tacoma & Pierce County
Board Chair: Mr. Chad Osvog, Technical Project Manager Business Affiliation: SOLiD
Board Size: 13
% of Related Contributions on Fundraising: 12.29%
This organization is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is eligible to receive contributions deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes.
The following information is based on Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County's Audited Financial Statements for the fiscal year ending Wednesday, December 31, 2014.
An organization may change its practices at any time without notice. A copy of this report has been shared with the organization prior to publication. It is not intended to recommend or deprecate, and is furnished solely to assist you in exercising your own judgment. If the report is about a charity and states the charity meets or does not meet the Standards for Charity Accountability, it reflects the results of an evaluation of information and materials provided voluntarily by the charity. The name Better Business Bureau is a registered service mark of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
This report is not to be used for fund raising or promotional purposes.