The Torch Awards celebrate the commitment made by for-profit and non-profit organizations of their high standards of character and ethical enterprising. The awards bring attention to practices these organizations employ to generate a high level of trust among their employees, customers and communities. The Torch Awards are open to all for-profit and non-profit organizations physically located within the Better Business Bureau (BBB) serving Western Michigan service area. Recipients will be recognized at the BBB's annual Torch Awards Luncheon on November 3, 2014 at the Econ Club of Grand Rapids!
Goal of Torch Award
The Torch Award program is intended to promote self-examination and documentation for businesses and non-profits (BBB Members and non-members in either category) who are engaged in on-going efforts to intentionally improve and increase West Michigan's position of marketplace trust. The Torch Awards honor those who are striving to be the best in providing trustworthy relationships with customers and employees.
Entries are evaluated by an independent, voluntary, non-compensated panel of judges comprised of business and community leaders. Their deliberations are guided by criteria which have been established by the BBB Center for Character Ethics advisory committee.
1. Eligibility and Award Categories -The Torch Award is open to all for-profit and non-profit organizations located within the BBB's 38 county service area. Non-profit organizations must complete the BBB Charitable Standards Evaluation process, and currently meet all BBB Standards for Charitable Accountability.
2. For-Profit Companies entering the competition will be judged in one of three categories based on the number of company-wide employees:
• Companies with over 250 employees
• Companies with 26 - 249 employees
• Companies with 1 - 25 employees
3. Non-Profit Organizations entering the competition will not be divided into different size categories.
4. Entrant Exclusions - A company is not eligible if any of the following conditions apply:
• They have been in business less than 3 years
• They have earned less than a "B" rating from BBB
• There are indications they have not met their financial obligations
• They have received this award in the past
Scoring for Torch Award entries shall be considered in light of the following six EthicalEnterprising℠ Principles.
Transformation at the Top
Reinforce and Build
United the Team
! Enthusiastically Give Back!