BBB Accredited Business since 05/28/2003

Tuff Turf Molebusters

02/05/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Attempt at charging for services that I di not request or contract for.
I signed up for a SINGLE service via Angie's list in summer 2013. I received a mailed postcard from them in January 2014 stating that I was scheduled for additional services in spring 2014, and that my credit card would be charged. I did not order or contract for any additional services for 2014. I cancelled at that time. Now, I received another mailed postcard from them in January 2015 stating that I was scheduled for additional services in spring 2015, and that my credit card would be charged.

I emailed him, here is his response:

You bought an amazon deal last year and it slip through the crack, it should not renew internet deals like that. Sorry

**** ******
Operations Manager

This should not happen!

Please remove all my personal and credit card info from all company records and do not contact me again.

Contact Name and Title: *** *******, President
Contact Email: ***************************
We did not nor would we attempt to charge anybody's credit card without their approval. We would not attempt a service without anybody's approval. *** hired us to fertilize his trees and shrubs in October of 2014. We fertilized his trees and shrubs on 10/20/14. On the work order that we left after the service it was mentioned in 2 locations in bold print that services continue from year to year and to simply call us if you wish to cancel. We mailed the renewal price in December. In January we sent an email and a post card as a reminder that if you don't want service you just have to let us know. *** let us know that his is not interested in the service this fall, so we cancelled it. Upon cancellation of his account the secure server at Chase Bank that hosts his credit card information was deleted. We were giving him a 9 month advance notice about the fall feeding of trees and shrubs. If we never made contact in these next 9 months, our last attempt would have been to knock on the door on the day of the service. If nobody was home to confirm the service, we would have cancelled the service on the spot and left a note to call us if he wanted it done.

10/03/2014Problems with Product / Service