BBB Accredited Business since 05/26/2004

I - 2000, Inc.

22 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

03/03/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I called many times patiently dealing with an intermittent internet service problem. They had someone look at it but it never got fixed. One day when I called, they told me I had only called once before. Consequently, I started dealing with them through email so I would have documentation. After over 40 emails, 1 1\2 months, and no resolution to the intermittent service, I asked them to cancel my service since I needed reliable internet service. I paid them for the time I had the unreliable service and gave them their equipment back. However, they keep billing me for hundreds of dollars for the rest of the contract (even though they couldn't provide the reliable service). I have talked to their representatives several times who have no power to help me. They seem sympathetic and give me email addresses for the 'owner' to forward the documentation to but no one responds when I do. The emails I send contain the strings of emails which show I really tried to get them to fix the service. I have an early email in which the repair person admits that he sees that there is a problem but he doesn't know what is causing it. They now have a credit service contacting me and have sent another bill with more money added on for the credit service. This is crazy. I need Help. Please contact me so I can send the documentation and hopefully the BBB can help resolve this. It's been going on for 3 years.
Product_Or_Service: internet service
Account_Number: ******

I need them to actually read my email string, accept what I more than fairly paid them, remove the balance they unfairly claim I owe them, stop adding more money to the bill and stop bothering me.

According to the desired resolution the first thing is to "I need them to actually read my email string" The need to send that email string to **************** so I can read that string. I need to read this prior to addressing any other part of the complaint.

The response just asks me to send the string of emails to **************** before the business can respond. Maybe they will actually read them. The interesting thing is that the email address belongs to **** ******* who is the person I was dealing with through email in the first place. In other words the business has actually NOT responded yet so I will be waiting for they're response. Please let me know who to send the string to at the BBB. As you may recall, I was unable to download it on the web.

Unfortunately, I keep receiving calls from I-2000's collection agency, **********, who are completely unaware of the settlement. They stated they work directly for I-2000 (they didn't buy the debt), that I-2000 has not informed them of the settlement and it is not in the records. They stated that when they send for the validation of debt, it comes back with the full amount. Nor have I received the bill referred to in I-2000's 2-6-15 response stating "I will send a bill showing that the account is satisfied with a payment of 126.95. The fact is recorded that both I-2000 and **** ******* agreed to the settlement amount". Please advise where the settlement bill is, who to pay the settlement to (since there seems to be another party trying to collect) and how the collection agency will be informed of the settlement and payment. This needs immediate attention please. The only reason both parties agreed to the settlement was to MAKE IT GO AWAY. However, it does not appear that I-2000 has taken the proper action to make that happen. I-2000 has my email address if they need to send me a direct number to call **** or whoever is supposed to be handling this. I have the direct number to the person at the collection agency handling this if he needs it. Let's get this done. Thanks.

I have not received the agreed amount yet. Once I receive that amount of 126.95 I will the other charges and forward that information to *** *******.

Restatement of previous response:

What my boss proposes is that a payment of 126.95 will completely settle the account. With a payment of 126.95 I-2000 will remove the other fees.

08/22/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Their service stopped working and they failed to get it to work again, no they are charging me $601.95 and have turned it over to collection.
Our service for I2K would not work. They sent 2 techs. out to work on it. One of them was named ****. They came out went up on the roof and moved things around and could not make it work. They came down and told me that for one thousand dollars they could put up a tower and maybe get it to work. If I didn't take that option they could not give us service. I told them I could not afford that so I would have to get service from someone else. They should have taken their equipment with them when they left. Then I get a bill from them for the equipment I call and get put on hold for 20 minutes. I called back and left a voice mail 2 more times asking them to call me and never heard anything from them. When I signed up for their service I was never told that I had to make a 150 mile round trip to return equipment that they brought down and did not work. The service worked until they made some kind of change at their tower cutting off my service. I have to use a friends email because I don't have any internet service that is the one I provided above.

I want the to cancel the collection agency and come and get their equipment. I don't owe them anything.

According to our terms and conditions, it is the customers responsibility to return all equipment belonging to I-2000 back upon termination of service.

When I2K service people/employee agent were at my house and told me that they could not give me service I told them to take their equipment with them. They were employees or agents for I2K and I gave it to them and they did not take it. I want a copy of their terms and agreement with my signature stating specifically how their equipment has to be returned, If telling their employees or agents to put the equipment in their vehicle that I didn't need it since they told me that me that they could not make their equipment work. I want them to come and get their equipment and drop the collection efforts.

I brought your settlement suggestion to the owner of the company. He stated if you return the equipment and pay 32.00 he will credit the remaining balance on the account and have the account settled.

I asked for and have not been provided a copy of the terms of service agreement that I allegedly signed. I told **** their agent that if they could not give me service to take their equipment. They were at my house 7 or 8 times and could not get me anything but sporadic service and in early May when the leaves came out I got no service. Why should I have to pay for service in May that I did not get? If needed I can file a claim against I2K in small claims court and let a judge decide this, or I2K and I can work out an agreement that is satisfactory to both parties and get this settled. I should not have to be doing this through the better business bureau, they have my phone number. When I try to call them I am put on hold for 15 minutes plus and the person that answers is not the one who can resolve this. I want them to come get their equipment and delete the bill for May. When I told **** to take their equipment because **** said that they could not give me service, I assumed the billing stopped then. When I got a bill from them in June I called and told them again to take their equipment.

04/05/2016Billing / Collection Issues
02/16/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Failure to honor previous promises and remove over charges caused by internet auto connecting.
This internet company promises to do things and then they don't follow through!! I was a customer that was having problem with my internet connecting to my computer while we were sleeping or out of town. I called and they helped me reset some things and promised to remove the extra charges. The problem continued and they had no real solution for me. They said they would remove the charges and we discontinued our service. NOW 6 years later they have come back and want me to pay all the over charges!!! After several emails they still will NOT honor what they promised and sent it to a collection agency. NOT a honorable company!!!

I am seeking that the company remove the charges caused by the internet connecting while we were sleeping or not even home.

I see no evidence of a agreement to remove the over-usage charges. It appears that we have removed 2 previous over-usage charges prior to this, but that was with either an upgrade or continued service with us. They did neither option this last time. We cant be held responsible for their computer's actions.

It wasn't a computer issue according to their tech dept. The internet would send out a connection signal until it found one, then log on.
I am VERY disappointed in the way they have handled this!! They have even gone so far as insulting me through an email by telling me I should have my medication checked. NOT very professional at all!!

We cant cause a computer to dialup. Its done on the computer side.

01/26/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

In may of 2010 I spoke to the General manager of this company regarding a bill for equipment I still had of theirs. I told him my husband was a disabled veteran and we had no way to get the 7 foot tower off of our garage. So the GM said he would send someone out to get it. six months later no one came to get it and I figured they were not coming. in these 4 years I never received a bill or a phone call from this company. Now in December 2014 4 years later I received a call from a collection agency billing me for the equipment.The collection agency said they just received the bill in June 2014.So I called I-2000 and spoke to a man named ****, he stated he saw the notes that someone was going to pick up the equipment and did not understand what was going on, so he said he would have a manger call me, that was on December 13th. No one called so I called back on December 30th 2014, spoke with **** again he said he would forward it over to manger again. 5 minutes later the general manager called back, saying he saw in the notes that ***** was going to come pick up the equipment, but he said he doesn't know who ***** is and wanted to know if I knew him. I told him they were his notes how would I know *****. The general manger was rude he said if I bring him the equipment then he will erase the debt. I told him I have no way of removing equipment once again. the general manager then told me we had nothing else to talk about and hung up on me. So I called **** back at customer service, he was rude refused to speak to me and hung up on me. Since no one is willing to talk to me at that company I contacted a lawyer and will precede from there. This company refuses to talk to me so how can anything be settled. Also after 4 years of no communication what so ever they just throw a debt into collections with out even trying to bill me first. And yes they have all of my current information...
Product_Or_Service: internet service

I want the debt removed, they are more than welcomed to pick up their equipment... like I told them 4 years ago.

Upon Checking the notes of the account, ***** ***** offered to pick up the equipment from the **********. ***** ***** is not an employee of Internet 2000. He was originally sub-contracted to install the service at their location. I dug up an email address for ***** and sent him a message about this. I have not had a response from him. Ultimately it is the customers responsibility to return the equipment. Since we haven't received the equipment and have no response from *****, I assume that he has no intentions on picking up the equipment.

I did not make the deal with *****, my communication was with the manager, who said he would send someone out.

I-2000 has no one in the office that does that work. Your original installer stated he would pick up the equipment. Regardless on who said what, you are responsible for returning the equipment.

12/19/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Xmas 2011 I rec'd a laptop computer. I wanted high speed internet so called I2000 in late Dec. to upgrade from dial up. I was told they did not provide that service in my area so I told them I would look elsewhere for service. Jan 6, 2012 I signed with M33 Access for high speed. Feb 2012 I rec'd a past due notice from I2K for $30; $15 for 1/9-2/8 & $15 for 2/9-3/8. I called immediately and asked why they were billing me when I no longer had their service. They told me there was no record of cancellation. Due top the possible misunderstanding of my Dec. call, I sent them $15 in good faith for the 1/9-2/8 bill but told him I did not feel responsible for the 2/9-3/8 bill and was not going to pay it since I hadn't used there service since January. Since I received to further bills or communication from them, I assumed the matter was resolved. I used there service 12 years with all bills paid on time.THIRTY TWO MONTHS LATER, on October 27, 2014 with no prior knowledge that the $15 was still charged to my account, I received a debt collection notice from *** ******* for $27; $15 for the 2/9-3/8 bill and $12 for nonrecurring sale-collection fee. In the *** ******* notice it said if I disputed the claim to respond within 30 days, which I did right away. I received another notice stating COLLECTION DEMAND from *** ******* on Saturday, November 29, 2014. I was a loyal customer for 12 years, always paid the bill on time, and am very upset that they turned this over to a collection agency after 32 months. I had no idea that I still had an outstanding balance as I had not received any bills or other communication from them after I paid the $15 for 1/9-2/8/2012 and told them I was not paying the 2/9-3/8 bill. I thought my account had been cleared and closed.

I want my account cleared of this debt and reported to *** ******* that proceeding with collection should be cancelled. If they have reported collection actions to any other agency they should also notify them that the account has been cleared.

According to her statement She contacted us in Late December inquiring about high speed Internet and we stated that we didn't have that available in her area. To quote her statement "so I told them I would look elsewhere for service." This is not a request to close the account. She merely informed us that she was looking to see if anyone provided high speed service. She wasn't able to find an alternative until the next month. She also received a bill in early January which she didn't respond to. It wasn't until she received the bill in February, that she called to close the account.

We based our closing to our terms of service and the formal request on Feb 10. At that time she received a bill showing the amount due. We even sent billing statements to her recently before we turned it over to collections. I-2000 feels that the remaining balance is accurate according to our terms and conditions and will not be removed.

I am disputing the remarks from I2k for the following reasons: I received a past due bill through **** in Feb. of 2012 for $30; $15 for 1/9/12-2/8//12 and $15 for 2/9//12-3/8/12. I called on Feb 10th as they stated and told them I would pay for the Jan/ Feb. but NOT the Feb/Mar bill since I was no longer using their service as of that date. At most I would have used only 2 days of service. I have had no further communication with I2K since then. In their response they stated they sent me a bill in Jan. If it was sent via e-mail to the I2K address I did not receive it as I thought the account had been closed since Dec.2011 when I made the call. I started with my new provider on Jan 6th. In Feb. I got a past due bill via **** and that is when I made the call, paid the $15 and confirmed the account closed. I2K also stated they notified me the account was being turned over to a collection agency. How did they notify me? I got NOTHING through the **** from I2K. I question the validity of their statement that they sent me billing statements recently. Again how did they notify me? Was it through the I2K address which had been closed since Feb. 10th of 2012. After 32 months of hearing nothing from them, no additional bills, no notices that the account was overdue and that it was being sent to a collection agency I received the letter from **********. I am questioning why they charging me for a full month of service 2/9/12-3/8/12 when the service was discontinued on Feb. 10 , 2 days into the billing cycle. It is not the amount of money they say I owe that has me upset. It's the principal of the matter. It's the fact that I did not know that I had an outstanding balance and that it was being turned over to a collection agency. I2K said they notified me.. If they had I would have called them again to resolve the issue......just like I did in Feb of 2012.

Its impossible that she received a past due bill via **** and called us on 2/10/2012. This could have only been done by email. Our Billing system has her anniversary date set for 2/9/2012. On 2/10/2012 we would have printed up the statements and sent them out. Mail from Grand Rapids to Mio takes at least 2 days. She wouldn't have gotten a paper bill until at least the 13th. An email bill would have been sent out and she would have received it right away.

Also according to our Terms of Service, we require 30 days written notice to close the account. Since she contacted us in February and after the billing cycle already started, she owes for the entire month.

In response to I2K. I was only going by the date they said in their response since it had been so long since the incident. I do know and have a record of sending them a check for $15 dollars dated Feb. 17th so that would fit with their time frame of sending me the bill.

As to the issue of 30 days billing notice I had know idea about it. When I bought the first computer it was from a gentleman named ************************ in Dec. of 1999. He built them and told he used I2K for service so when I picked it up in the end of Dec.1999 he had it all set up for me with I2K. I had no dealings with I2K with signing up and had no idea about their policy.

Next issue; When they said they sent several notices before they sent it to a collection agency they failed to answer my question on how they did that. Look at my credit record and you can see that I take paying my bills very seriously.

Thirty two months is a long time to wait for trying to collect $15. I do not feel I owe this money and like I said before why didn't they contact right away if they felt I owed I still owed it.

10/21/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Unsubstantiated claim.
I-2000 alleges we owe for unreturned equipment from March of 2006. The equipment was returned promptly. We have had no communication with I-2000 during the past 8 years saying it was not. They will not correcspond with us and have hired
***********. They have not produced any records of attempts to inform us they did not receive the equipment 8 year. Rather, *********** keeps sending documents back to me which I sent to them and I-2000. Repeated phone calls to ************ calls ring busy or say "this call can not be completed".

We want the record wiped clean. Cancel this collection, Stop sending notices, Clear all postings to credit services.

We need ***** ********* to provide any information on the return equipment. (tracking number, receipt, etc) From there we can try and find the equipment. At this point we have no evidence of having the equipment returned to us.

After 8 years of no contact, I don't even think this claim is legally valid. I have no evidence they did not receive the equipment. They would have contatced me if they didn't get it.

I do not keep shipping records for things 8 years back. After shipping the equipment, I never received any communication or bill. This would cause any reasonable person to believe the equipment was received and the account settled. Please close this matter, clear any record on my credit records. I have tried for months to lay this matter to rest. The collection agency gave it back to I200 because it was so old.

Since ***** ********* is unable to help us with this account, there is not much we can do. Any additional information on why she doesn't owe for the remaining months or something that can help track the equipment would be helpful. If she is unable to provide any of that information, we will continue to pursue collection activity.

Also the last bill she received from us clearly states that no further bills will be sent and failure to settle the bill will result in collection activity. We gave ***** ********* ample time to pay the bill and return the equipment.

The case was not resolved. We intend to take I2K to court for damages to our credit and to have this claim stopped.

09/10/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

We closed our account in 10/2011 with I-2000.
Had a verbal agreement that our last months balance was going to be credit/removed from our bill.

On August 20,2014 we received from I-2000 a statement saying we owe $34.95 for ongoing fee from 10/02/2011 to 11/01/2011, and to please remit the amount due immediately or Failure to pay the balance will result in Collection action being taken. I called that same day and talked with ****** telling him that we had closed our account/service with I-2000 back in October 12, 2011 after speaking with ****. Sometime in this same month I called an spoke with ************** and ******** regarding issuing credit for the last months bill for service charged us for 10/02/2011 to 11/01/2011 because we had little to no internet speed on our computer after doing all they suggested us to do correct this problem.
The last person I talked with was ******** she was very understanding, accommodating and told me she would issue credit for the charge and take care of this. That was the last time I had any communication with I-2000 up until now. I took them by their words honor and because, we did not receive anymore bills/statements in the mail or email I assumed this had been handled We Have always remained current with our payments to 1-2000 and now almost 3 years later are getting this past due notice for this last month.
I have email and phone ************** General Manager of I-2000 and he told me this could not of been true or would of never been told to us because neither he or ******** would of had the authority to issue this credit to our account and because we never received anything in writing from I-2000 verifying this was done.

Could you please help me get this resolved and have a credit issued for this remaining balance they feel is still due. I do not know what else to do to prove this is what I was told. But, I was TOLD this! Like I said I took them at their spoken word to me! Never again!

Credit issue to our account for $34.95 to get us back to nothing owed to them and any hidden charges they may think of removed!

Letter stating: Our Account is closed!
Account is Paid in Full
All equipment has been returned.
Our Name is Cleared!

We do not have record of that verbal agreement and we see no evidence of a credit placed on their account. I see a note requesting a credit which was denied. We believe that the account was closed based on our terms and conditions and that the final amount due is valid.

Though we do not accept the response made by the company, we are remitting the final payment of $34.95 to conclude this matter.
The check is in the mail.

Internet Services