BBB Accredited Business since 07/26/2006

Nottawa Gas Co.

02/25/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My yard was damaged and the company will not respond to my request for repair money.

On 9/27/2012 I called Nottawa Gas to tell them to pick up my rental LP Gas tank, I would no longer use LP Gas. The weather was descent and they could get to the tank.
I explained I had to be home when they came to tell them where to drive so there would be no damage to my property.
I was told they could not tell me they would come but they only do this on Fridays. I waited every Friday after calling to see if they would come.
On Oct. 30, on a Tuesday, the men came with out calling. It had rained all night and all day.
Much damage is done in my back yard with photos to prove it.
I sent Notawa Gas photos and estimates for repairs. they have not sent me the $250.00 for repairs.
I would like $250.00 and this information on their record so other people will not be victims ans I am.
The same man that set the tank in Aug. of 2003 is
the one who came to pick it up. The same people delivered fuel to it since 2003 so they knew where the tank was and the weather was bad.
I am 78 years ikd ab hyst kist nt Husband. I can't repair this myself.
I have two witness to what was said and done on Oct. 30, 2012 and the photos.

$250.00 to repair the damages in my yard.

As an LP Gas company, picking tanks up is a task scheduled at our convenience and which is stated at the time of a customer request. Our busiest time of the year is in the fall when we are setting tanks and picking tanks up.

Due to the customer contacting us unhappy with the situation we prioritized the job and came out three days ahead of our normal pick up day. The unfortunate thing is that this situation could've been avoided when our service man came to the customers house and asked if she still wanted the tank picked up since it had rained substantially the night before. The customer at that time gave our employee permission to remove the tank causing the damage. Normal procedure would have been to not pick up the tank until weather permitting, however the customer demanded we pick it up. At the time our service man made several offers to fix the damage however she refused any assistance.

Shortly thereafter I attempted to handle the situation with the customer by offering our labor and materials to fix the damage once weather permitted. The customer refused our request and sent a letter with two quotes demanding $250 by 11/18/12.

We will except their offer if they will do it properly. We need to have notice of when they will be here so we can be here too.

Once the weather permits we will contact Ms. ****** to set up a date and time to repair the damages.

Gas - Propane, Bird Feeders & Houses, Bird & Wildlife Supply Shops, Internet Shopping