BBB Accredited Business since 11/20/1981

United Bank of Michigan

12/19/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Did not refund deposit
We signed paperwork that we were giving united bank a $350.00 deposit that would be used for closing and not any other thing. NO WERE AT ALL does it say the deposit is NOT refundable. So no matter the reason, if we don't buy the house, the deposit would go back to us because it was not a fee but a refundable deposit. And, the bank messed up and approved us for a house and they missed information on the credit report and we should have never been approved which means we would have never payed deposit. They have refused to give us back out $350 refundable depoit that was to be used for closing.

The refund of the $350 to make us whole with no further actions from united bank. As it is we are still out the $375 we paid for a inspection which laos we would not have done if the bank did not mess us in approving us when we should have never been per another bank I spoke with.

United Bank has previously responded to this complaint through the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services, to the apparent satisfaction of that body. The Bank was able to provide additional documentation, in support of its actions, to the regulator that for privacy concerns it cannot share with BBB.

I( went this secondary route because the State has no authority they told me to force them to send me my money back. And no where on the paperwork i signed says my deposit is NOT refundable. It says"to be used for closing". They missed information in my credit report that they should have caught be another bank to not even allow me to get past the per-aproval process so I would have never given my down payment. Why is it that if the paperwork says to be used for closing and that is the only thing the money can be used for is that they can keep the money? That is the problem that I have, no where does it say they can keep my money but they did and no one will help.

The Bank will refund the $350 to the consumer.

we still have not received anything from united bank

Banks