BBB Accredited Business since 11/26/2008

Beachhousefl.com, LLC

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

06/30/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company will not refund deposit even though we can not travel due to medical reasons.
I would not recommend booking here. My Fiancé and I booked this place for our wedding reception as well as the place next door. Just over 6 months before our date we found out that we are pregnant. After going to three doctors appointments for complications, we were told we had a High Risk Pregnancy. Our due date is about 3 weeks from our wedding date. The doctor told us she would not allow us to travel that close to the due date, especially being a high risk pregnancy. I immediately contacted this vendor and explained our situation and they WOULD NOT refund any of our deposits. We completely understand nonrefundable deposits. HOWEVER, one would think that in a "rare" situation like ours, there could be an exception made. This is causing us a huge financial burden. We are trying to pay for our medical bills, plus save for the baby, and try and some how have a small wedding. I forgot to mention..we live in MICHIGAN. My fiancé is a police officer and works extremely hard to help us, but this is just causing a huge issue. I am extremely shocked and disappointed in the service of this company and their lack of understanding in a situation like this. I have checked and BOTH beach houses have already been rented out for the time we had so there is no lost money there. Its unbelievable. We have also tried several times now to contact the manager over the last two weeks, with no returned phone calls.

This was our dream wedding and now its turned into nothing but a nightmare. We didn't want to cancel, unfortunately the baby was unexpected and we have no choice. Please stay away from this place!!!! You never know what unexpected life event you may have happen and they are not understanding at all!

I am seeking you have my deposit refunded. This is a rare situations and we have no choice. The business has already booked the dates with someone else so they are not losing out.
We have 6 months notice.

Contact Name and Title: Karol N******
Contact Phone: 727-260-1213
Contact Email: karol@beachhousefl.com
***** ****** was booked on 2/26/16 and on all of our correspondence we strongly recommended her and all our of customers to purchase trip insurance. We completely understand that other occurrences may arise. We emailed ***** ****** on June 1, 2016 stating that in good faith we would allow her to use the $1,000 for any upcoming reservation with us but received no response.

03/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

DO NOT RENT! I stayed 01/17-24/2015 with 13 people (2 babies) at the *** ********* house. There were numerous issues, problems and broken furniture!
Below is a copy of a letter I sent to this company (I have removed various verbage, and added information for this complaint): Note: I have yet to receive a response, but just sent this email yesterday,1/30/2015.

I am beyond disgusted! You cashed my deposit check ($1,000, dated 11/4/2014) causing me to have no funds and bounce checks! This is beyond wrong! We didn't cause any damage,things were already broken, we noticed after the fact! This should NEVER occur, EVER in a rental! You gave me NO notice or explanation! I have rented numerous houses and condos in the past and never had any issues! Trust me I will NEVER rent anything from your company and WILL be sure all my friends and family are aware of your disturbing practices and they will all post very negative reviews on this property and your company! Again, you should be ashamed!!

Your practice of this nature is so wrong on so many levels! Especially, since there were so many issues and things not of acceptable condition!

The first night we were their, my niece's chair collapsed with her sitting in it! She barely weighs a 100 lbs. There are at least 10 witnesses to this! You should owe me money! For what you rent this place for ($2100+ for the week, non-peak season) there is NO excuse for anything to be of deplorable condition!! First, your lucky she wasn't injured!! I hope it doesn't come to this, but you will lose should it be necessary to legally pursue this! That is not a threat, but reality. I will not be taken advantage of for things that shouldn't be broken and very poor shape to begin with! I would be ashamed to rent this house with as many things that were hardly up to par, and not even close to what was expected! Did we expect a chair to break with someone sitting in it? No! I wouldn't expect any chair to collapse, ESPECIALLY A RENTAL! Or a table leg to fall off when simply moving it? Or,you possibly mis-advertised how many people this house will sleep.

The two pullout sofas were useless! The sofas were beyond worn out. Again, I would be embarrased to rent out this place! We were hardly your college type frat boys! 2 people in our party slept on the floor because the pullout sagged, was terribly uncomfortable and completely worn out.

The table, was broken before we even got there. We simply moved the table so I could get around easier (I have a walker) and the front left leg, which was previously broken and repaired, just basically fell off and disintegrated! I have pictures of this! Pathetic! My son, who is 22 years old, said it looked as if termites ate it since it disintegrated. Again, we have plenty of witnesses (and pictures) that this table was previously broken and subsequently repaired!

There is a fish or something on the wall near the front door which had previously been broken as evidenced from a band aid or something on it (somebody told me something like that, but was already broken!).

The hot tub was disgusting, old and looked like a dog ate the cover. 2 of the beds in the bedrooms were awful. Plenty of people complained of this, said their backs hurt, etc. Again, you should be ashamed!

Reverse this immediately or we have will have serious issues here. I don't think a court of law would view your practices, safety issues and a rental with various things of unacceptable conditions as very favorable to a consumer!

I almost stopped payment on that check, should have! Especially, with many things in poor condition! In the past, anyplace I have rented I received a deposit check back in the mail. I assumed if you had any issues a common courtesy of a phone call or any type of communications would have been nice before depositing this check! I assumed you would notify me of something! Bottom line, I feel your company is practicing deceitful and false advertising, if nothing else, it is clear that your rental was not safe! I was obviously wrong that your company has integrity! Thanks for causing me a major hassle!

A refund is demanded, given the problems and issues we encountered. $3,100. My $1,000 deposit check you cashed, without an explanation, plus $2,100 for the weekly rental.

Mr. ***** originally booked the property in September of 2014. Prior to charging his credit card he was given a rental agreement which he signed and dated. Within the rental agreement, welcome package and multiple signs within the property it states that if there are any maintenance problems or any item that needs attention we are to be notified immediately. As soon as we are notified we will send out a technician that will take care of any issue that our guest may have. Unfortunately we did not receive any call, email or maintenance request during Mr. *****'s stay. If we had receive any type of notice we would of immediately taken care of the issue.

Mr. ***** and his group checked out of our home on January 24, 2015. Our housekeepers entered the property shortly after, upon entering the property there was a very strong odor of cigarette smoke throughout the whole property. The home was left in chaos, the trash had not been taken out, there was multiple beer cans and cigarette debris. Within the contract that Mr. ***** signed it states that there is absolutely no smoking allowed.

At that time we cashed Mr. *****'s damage deposit. On February 2, 2014 we received multiple emails from Mr. *****. In one of those emails he explained the problems he had at our property, that was the first time we were notified of any issue. Along with that email we also received multiple threatening emails, at that time we asked Mr. ***** to have his lawyer contact us directly.

The extra cleaning was a total of $242.00, upon his approval we will refund Mr. ***** the difference which is a total of $758.00

I am accepting their response because I seriously need the money. I don't feel like I have much of a choice. They were completely aware of my financial situation (not at the time, but after) and could have refunded the difference, but didn't. I feel I have been manipulated and taken advantage of.

This company deposited my $1,000 check (around January 26, 2015) which caused me, then, now and at least the next two months, undue hardship. I am on a fixed income. My bank account was seriously overdrawn for a week, causing me to bounce numerous checks and incur substantial returned check charges (they were aware of this fact). They didn't create an invoice until a week after the fact and after I demanded a refund (approximately 8 days after this check was deposited). Taken advantage of?

I wasn't even aware of an amount or a reason why this check was deposited, until this invoice was created. No explanation was given for approximately 10 days after check out (and only after I noticed my bank account was seriously overdrawn). I assumed they deposited this check for actual damage. I wasn't aware of why for approximately 10 days!

Many previous guests complained of similar problems/issues at the property and company (numerous reviews), but they weren't aware of these issues?

Also, the cleaning costs or smoke smell costs were never disclosed. Please note: they supplied 2 ashtrays, one on each outside table (they have never acknowledged or addressed this), yet the property (outside too) has a no smoking policy? Sounds like deception to me. Basically, they can charge whatever they want. Invoice number 001? That alone raises red flags (I know, I was a financial controller for 20 years). This invoice was dated February 3, 2015 (again, 10 days after check out).

My major issue is, and always will be the manner of which they handled this.

Regardless of their company policy, contract, etc, I question their integrity and business practices. There are way too many red flags.

This response was taken verbally by the BBB: I accept and you may close this case.

This response was taken verbally by the BBB: We will refund our customer the $758 to the card we have on file.

09/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The rental property was not up to standards. It did not have the amenities that were advertised, and they were very slow to respond to complaints.
The rental property was not up to standards. It did not have the amenities that were advertised, including WIFI, working washer and dryer, grill, lights. There were no kitchen utensils, working lights and fans. The pool was filthy and not cleaned at all during the entire week. My grandson actually had to go to the doctor with a bad rash when we got home because of it. They overbooked the adjacent property. We literally could not stay there. We complained and the rental manager blamed the maintenance man who blamed the cleaning crew, etc. They did not respond. We went 2 days without towels and were not able to enjoy the vacation. Wehn we complained they offered a token discount on a new rental. They have our money and don't care about keeping up. we went to post a review to their site and there is no way to do so. The reviews on the site must be made up or screened.

We woul dlike a significant refund for our stay. This was our first family vacation in 6 years, and we will forever remeber the green pool and air drying our wet twoels all over the patio. I would also like to see them forced to quit lying on their site so others will not have to endure what we did.

Although we do not have a "**** ********" on file, we do have a "****** ******* which is his wife.

****** ***** originally booked our vacation rental on July 3, 2014, prior to confirming the reservation she was instructed via email about our non-refundable policy. Our reservations are secured when the tenant has agreed to all of our terms and has signed all of the necessary paperwork.

****** ***** submitted all of the necessary paperwork (rental agreement and credit card authorization form) on July 4, 2014 and on July 8, 2014 via email. Our Short Term Rental Agreement indicates that the non-refundable down payment must be paid in order for us to hold the home for the tenant. It also indicates that your reservation is not secured until we receive the rental agreement and credit card authorization form signed and sent back to us. Our Credit Card Authorization form also states that the $500 down payment is non-refundable.

Throughout ****** ******** stay we only received one call to our office. They called when they arrived to the property (July 19, 2014). They called regarding the door code which was given to them.

Our maintenance agent was at the property multiple times. He was approached by the ******* just once regarding more towels and the WIFI. Our agent promptly delivered the towels and helped them with the WIFI passcode. He did not hear back from them again.

Our pool guy is scheduled to clean the pool Mondays and Thursdays. We receive automatic notifications each time one of our pools is cleaned. We received them on Monday and Thursday as scheduled. We did not receive any messages, calls or emails regarding the cleaning of the pool.

A couple of days after check-out the ******** contacted our office and demanded a refund. We were unsure unto the reason behind this refund request. She then explained all of the problems that occurred while lodging at the property. Mrs. ***** stated that she submitted an email to our office but we did not receive it. We asked Mrs. ***** to resend it to our office, we did not receive it. Within our contract, welcome package and signs within the home it states to submit any maintenance request to www.bhhfl.com. We do not show any record of the ******** submitting a maintenance request. If we would have known that the ******* were unhappy with the property we would have promptly moved them to another property and fixed all of the problems they were experiencing.

We are sorry that the ******** were not satisfied with the rental. We would be happy to offer them a 20% discount off of a future reservation.