In West Florida

Julian's Auto Showcase, Inc.

14 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

09/24/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received

Complaint: dishonest about vehicle mechanical condition and did not tell me about front windshield water leak.
I went to ******'s auto showcase 8/22/13 to buy a Pontiac Montana 1999 for $3735.86 vin number *****************. ***************** told me the vehicle did not have no mechanical problems. On 8/22/13 driving home I've notice transmission was shifting rough. I Called the next day to let them know the problem. took the car 8/26/13 to check transmission at ******'s shop. head mechanic **** ******** told me to take it to *********************************** and he drove and did a diagnostics. Trans shop called me at 1:55pm and ********** told me the repair would cost between $1200 to $1400 to fix problem and that the transmission wont last and needs to be repaired. I called ******** and spoke to ***** and told me that its my problem. on 9/3/13 called ******'s about windshield leak and transmission problem. I asked for the head sales rep.they put the general manager **** on the phone and explain to him the problems with the vehicle and expressed my feelings about taken advantage of and **** told me he would fix the problems and asked me how much ****** ***** would charge me to fix the transmission and he said that was to much money that he rather find a different transmission and change it for me at NO COST. He said he will contact me when he found the transmission because it would be cheaper then to fix it at ****** *****. he did not call so I contacted him on his cell number that he gave me on 9/9/13.then he told me he would repair my transmission at their cost and HE DID NOT KEEP HIS WORD of replacing the transmission at no cost. I FEEL LIKE THEY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME AND MY FAMILY. I trusted in their word about the vehicles running condition.

Thank you for your inquiry. ******'s apologies for any unconvinceds you've had and would like to help you with your complaint. The vehicle you describe was sold as. We do let all customers take test drives and have the option to take any vehicle to a mechanic before signing the as ai and purchase paper work. However if a problem does occur after sale then we offer our discounted wholesale prices to the customer to fix any problems in the future. I would like to see if we could fix the windshield leak ASAP at our dead cost and also would like to give you our cost on any transmission repair needed. This is a company policy. Plz contact us so we can help thank you ******'s auto showcase.

05/21/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received

Complaint: I recently purchased a 2001 Jetta from this dealership and after 3 days realized this car was a complete lemon. When I contacted them about my issues they made like they wanted to help me out they told me to send it to my mechanic and have a diagnostic ran on the car and they would foot the bill, after the mechanic had a chance to look deep into the car and told me the repairs to go into this car would be around the cost of the car itself so I contacted julian about it and they told me that they would no longer pay for the diagnostic since it wasn't done as fast as they wanted and they werent making money off me. They told me they would help me out by having me buy the parts then I would have to pay for the labor, Which obviously isnt any help. I told them I just want to return the car after about a week and now they are refusing to take the car back they said that if they take it back they will keep my down payment of $1,000 and became very hostile telling me there is nothing wrong with this car, and I am lying, and now they are trying to force me to take it back to the mechanic to have the motor mounts replaced although I told them I do not want this car at all at this point. Even with the mounts being replaced the car will need an extreme amount of work put into it.
Product_Or_Service: 2001 vw wolfsburg jetta

In response to a recent report we would like to take the time once again to reassure you that we are here to help you in any way possible. Julian's has requested multiple times from you and your mechanic a work estimate via fax, email, or drop-off. After our first phone conversation you stated that your mechanic said the car only needed a motor mount which is very inexpensive. From that point on I have been unable to have your mechanic call or send me the needed information to help you. Please communicate with the dealership to resolve this problem ASAP.

Troy Julian
General Manager

I have not been responded to directly from julians. Currently I am facing newer problems with the car such as today the driver window went crashing on its own inside of the door and now needs to be repaired, also recently the car has started racing the rpm's up and down when first starting the car as well as the tire are constantly slowly leaking air, and after recently driving this car in the rain for the first time the car is very hard to control under wet conditions it tends to jump side to side.

02/01/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

Complaint: Within 3 months I added up thousands of dollars in repairs on and I think the car they sold me is defective.
On August 23, 2012 I purchased a 2006 Buick Rendezvous from Julians Auto Showcase. 27 days after the sale, my head gasket blew and as you can imagine I was very upset. I contacted the dealership because I thought within the first 30 days I could return the vehicle according to my contract. They agreed to split the cost of the repairs with me and warranty them for 12 months. I thought that was an acceptable solution and agreed. Now, a few months later the transmission needs to be replaced! I think they sold me a lemon! I've attempted to contact them via email and phone but unfortunately haven't received a returned call. I know there are risks associated with purchasing a used vehicle but the series of repairs that needed to completed in such a short period lead me to believe I got taken advantage of. I want them to take this car back and satisfy the auto loan I took to purchase the vehicle. At this point I would be happy to forfeight the money on my trade and the down payment I made just to get rid of this piece of junk they sold me.

This response was taken verbally by the BBB:

We are sorry for any break downs consumer is having. We are here to help. We looked at the purchase of paper and there was not service warranty at time of sale. We are unable to make any repairs under warranty. I would like to help the consumer and give our discounted rate at $45.00 an hour labor and 15% markup on parts compared to our local competitors ranging from $70-$100.00 hour labor and approx 100% mark up on parts. I understand we sold the Buick approx 5 months ago however we did not foresee any future problems with the product made by Buick. Please contact us as soon as possible to set a service appointment to help with any problems.

01/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Services resulted in additional damage (exp. Damaged product during shipping)

Complaint: was having a problem with the rpm's on the car-they said it would be $90.00 to take the top off to determine what the problem was and how much it would be.I authorized the $90 and told them I would decide what I was going to do after they called. They called and said the car was ready and it would be $488.I said you were to have called me. He apologized and said it didn't need that much so he went ahead with it. $488 is a lot for someone on social security. On the way home the rpm's went up again. I went back, he took it out and said it was fine but if I wanted to leave it they would try to find out what was wrong with it.I told him I wouldn't leave it again on a bet. I waited hoping he would call but no call came. At this time I'm afraid to drive it.

After review of this issue with our Service Manager, we are in the process of trying to contact the customer to work out an agreeable solution to her problem. We don't want her to feel taken advantage of, that was not our intention at all, and we want to make sure she is happy and satisfied being a customer at Julian's Auto Showcase.

02/18/2013Problems with Product / Service
02/11/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

Complaint: Practically brand new vehicle was leaking oil due to loose oil filter and loose oil drain plug - Missing spare key and driver's floor mat
I purchased a 2013 Kia Optima LX from Julian's on 1/6/201. This vehicle was previously owned by one of the larger rental companies in the area and only had 9,050 miles on it. It was still very much in like-new condition. I do believe I got a great deal and can't complain one bit about the car or the price. There are a few things, however, I will point out that were very disappointing, some of which are still unresolved.

One, and probably the most disappointing, I noticed a small puddle of oil on my driveway within the week of the purchase. Five days after the purchase, I took the car in for its' oil change (which I knew it needed anyway) and had them check for a leak. Sure enough, the car was leaking oil. As stated on my receipt, the oil leak was due to a loose oil filter and loose oil drain plug. Julian's stated they ran the vehicle through their own service department and while they did say it needed an oil change, they told me nothing about leakage or parts being loose. I'm sure they'll say it wasn't leaking when it left their service department or their car lot, but it most definitely was.

Two, this car was missing a spare set of keys/fobs and the driver's floor mat. Again, this car is a 2013 with only 9,050 miles and was a single owner vehicle. Granted, I know that doesn't necessarily mean it should have any of that, but I would imagine it would be unlikely for it not to. Anyway, ****** said he looked around and couldn't find either of those things. I then asked if he could help me acquire those things, maybe at a discounted cost if they have some sort of deal with the local dealerships. He said absolutely and that he'd get back to me. That was late last week and I haven't heard back from him. Prior to that I was constantly having to call him back to check whether or not he found the keys/fobs and/or floor mat, as he never called me back. I called today (1/13/2014) in the morning and asked for the owner, ****, to bring these things to his attention. I was told he'd be there around lunch time. I called again around 12pm and was told he should be in later. I called again around 3pm and was told he's usually only in on Fridays and Saturdays. I sent **** an email requesting a call back prior to Friday, but at this point, I give up, thus the reason for my posting here. Especially since it seems the postings here do draw a response from the dealership.

The oil issue was definitely the most serious issue, but it would be nice if the dealership would follow up and help me with the spare key/fob and driver's floor mat. I mean, I wouldn't bother if this were an older car, but it's practically brand new and should have these things.

I would like to start by saying that we value all of our customers and we are thankful for your business. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to do business again and save you thousands on your next purchase. We never want any of our customers to be dissatisfied. Unfortunately all of our pre-owned vehicles are sold as is and do not always come with a 2nd key or floor mats. We have contacted you and offered to replace the missing items at our cost. We are waiting for your response and as soon as we do we will be happy to place an order for you.

Thanks, but I'll pass. All my money went into the car. Not to mention the gas it costs me just to get out there. It's an hour drive just to get there (an hour and a half in traffic). I'm just glad I took it for its' oil change as quickly as I did and that the oil leaks didn't lead to something more major. I'm still surprised the oil filter AND oil drain plug were loose. Dodged a bullet there!

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

07/09/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received

Complaint: I bought a 2003 Dodge Dakota SLT with 48K miles on it just under a month ago and have had major things go wrong. I think I was sold a bad vehicle.
This started a couple weeks after I brought the car home. The check engine light came on. Turns out I had a small and medium leak in the emmissions. Also, the truck needed an alignment. I took the vehicle to ********* in Clearwater and ended up buying new tires(since I had maybe 10k left on them), and they told me my left front ball bearing was in need of a replacement, I needed a new water pump, my brake fluid looked horrible and they said I need it flushed, and also needed all my vacume hoses replaced. The alignment ran me $40, the ball bearing $183, the brake flush is $149, the water pump close to $300, and the replacement of the hoses is also close to $300. Also, tiresplus informed me that my check engine light may or may not be the reason to why I have to relace the hoses. I still need to get them installed and then the truck needs to be diagnosed once again to see if thats the problem. Also I took my vehcile to a mechanic and they stated I needed a new Ac Compressor as mine was shot. I didnt get that repair done because they said it was $747 total. A few other things that I replaced the first two weeks with having the truck are: a new gas cap(which my mechaic first thought was resulting in the check engine light), and new windshield wipers. Im not worried about those two items. The reason I didnt want to take my vehicle to Julians Auto service department is because the place looks like a dump. I wanted a good job done to the truck so took it to a location closer to me that has always done great work. I would like the money to fix those major repairs which is around $1000(which i already paid and had done by ********, and an additional $750 for a new ac compressor). It seems like they sold me this truck without looking into problems like these. They do not offer a 30 day waranty to return the truck. However at this point I have so much money in it that I just would like to be reimbursed money for my major repairs.

We did attempt to contact you to schedule a service appointment. Regardless of how the service department looks, we do have four certified mechanics and a Service Manager, ****, who is a Master ASE mechanic with over 20 years working in the community. We are willing to help you however we can to make you happy. Please contact us so we can resolve your issues.

Everything on my truck is fixed now accept the ac. I had to put an extra $2,000 into the truck for repairs within the first couple weeks of obtaining the truck. There would be no point to bring the vehicle up there since the repairs are complete. However I will continue to bad mouth the company since I believe your mechanics didn't look the truck over before selling to me.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. When you purchased your truck it was sold "as is" and before you signed the paperwork you did have the opportunity to have the vehicle checked out by your mechanic. If you had contacted us before you took the truck to another mechanic, we could have helped you. Since you chose to take it elsewhere, there is really nothing we can do to help you and I am sorry you feel like you need to bad mouth our company when we had no idea there was an issue at hand.

05/14/2012Advertising / Sales Issues