Tampa Truck Store, Inc.

09/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The truck had serious repairs needed within 2 days after purchase, part of the repairs they took care of, large part of which they refused to pay for!
I purchased a 2006 f250 from them several weeks ago, I was told the truck was looked over by twisted metal and came back in good shape. I asked for proof of this inspection and they said they have non to show me. I trusted them by there word. I purchased the truck with a non working A/C which they did honor in fixing. It took me a week to personally get it into the shop for that specific repair. After owing the truck for 2 days I noticed it would not hold coolant and was more then a gallon low. The repair guys looked at the leak for me while fixing the A/C and confirmed it was coming from the water pump. (these are there repairmen *congers shop*) For the next week while trying to communicate with Tampa truck store staff about the issue the truck would use roughly a gallon a day in coolant to keep on top of it while I needed to use it on the road for work. They would give me the run around about communicating with the higher ups in the company to do something about the issue. I never did hear back after multiple calls I made and them telling me they would call me back. In the mean time the issue got worse and I finally had to take it upon my self to get the problem resolved through Gator ford. Roughly $1,250 later and 3 days out of work the truck was repaired with receipts to prove the issues it had and the cost involved all of which are in my hands. I presented this to them today and they didn't even look at my receipts. I was told by the owner it is a NO to helping me with these repairs within minutes of talking to him. He said with the A/C repair they have done enough. I explained to him the cost was overwhelming to me financially and the time I was out of work do to this was also hurtful to me and my family. He was non sympathetic nor helpful in anyway, he only repeated it was a NO to helping me with these repairs. I also brought to there attention the additional issues with the vehicle I noticed within the time I've owned it (Almost a month) the additional issues include a boost tube coupling that was leaking on the turbo, A leaking and cracked front windshield, a leaking "De-gas" bottle. Additional repairs needed not mentioned to the owner because of a very short conversation the owner was willing to have with me today in person include, missing back latch for rear window, missing peg for tail gate latch, CD player not working properly, brakes squeaking within first day of driving, leaking oil from front main seal and fuel filter not being changed which needed to be long before put it was put on the lot as they were very gunked up and could have caused further issues at anytime. I also needed to do an oil change on day one of driving the vehicle home as the oil was black as night and the filter showed it hadn't been changed in some time. I have invested a lot of money I should not have needed to invest in order to make this a safe and reliable truck to use for work each day. Which is what I was told I was purchasing from them. They have refused all responsibility of these repairs to my vehicle and refuse to cover any of these cost. I am out cost of repairs that include to date - leaking water pump, leaking front crank seal, leaking de-gas bottle, coolant, boost tube coupling, early oil change and replacement of fuel filters. All other repairs will come at a later date when we can make a settlement on them or I can save the money to take care of them if need be. VERY VERY unhappy with customer service and truck purchased.

Looking for owner to take care of the cost of repairs and materials to this 2006 f250 that should have been taken care of before I purchased it from there lot. Also looking for compensation for the time out of work I took to take care of these repairs to the truck. This truck is my livelihood, I use it everyday to work and could not work without it.

We at Tampa Truck Store look at opportunities not complaints. Mr. ****** purchased his vehicle with no warranties. All future sales will be sold with a limited warranty. Tampa Truck Store would like to offer the new limited warrenty to Mr. ******. Mr. ****** can either supply Tampa Truck Store with a fax number or personally stop in to sign the new limited warranty. After Mr. ****** signs the new limited warranty, Tampa Truck Store with cut him a check for the balance of the $500.00 Limited Warrranty minus approximately $150.00 already spent on a previous repair.

02/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased a truck with many many undisclosed issues
PURCHASED A TRUCK FROM TAMPA TRUCKS AND WAS TOLD REPEATEDLY THE TRUCK HAD NO ISSUES.WHEN I GOT THE TRUCK HOME FOND THE TRUCK HAD TWO WARNING LIGHTS THAT WERE ON THE MESSAGE CENTER, HAD NO SPARE TIRE, NO JACK THE MOTOR FOR THE BACK GLASS WAS BROKE HAD NO SPARE KEY HAD TO BUY A KEY AND HAVE IT PROGRAMMED .CONTACTED TAMPA TRUCKS AND WAS TOLD THEY WOULD REFUND $700 TO HELP WITH THE COST HAVE CALLED EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH AND TO DATE HAVE ONLY RECIVED $500 DON'T LIKE BEING LIED TO............

WANT THE $200 THAT I WAS PROMISED A MONTH AGO................HAVE THE TEXT TO SHOW WERE IT WAS PROMISED

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

We drove the truck to the customer, he checked over everything and test drove it. He agreed to purchase the vehicle and signed the as-is paperwork back in September 2013. We did give him $500 back which is more than we are required to do for this type of situation.

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

Before the purchased I communicated with the business asking if there was anything I needed to know about the truck. He said everything was in good condition. He met me in Savana, GA and I checked the truck over. When I was driving home two lights came on in the dash. One was for tire pressure and the other was a back up sensor. I found out later that both the sensors were bad. After I got home I did a little more investigating and found no spare tire, no jack, the motor in the sliding glass window was broken, there was no spare key which was needed in order to change the settings. I sent everything to the company and the person I was dealing with said he would pay $500 and half of the sliding glass window repair which came to $200. I accepted that back in November and still haven't received the $200. I have sent so many messages and have received every excuse you can imagine. I will send the emails to BBB to show the company made a promise they have not kept. I have probably sent him 30 text messages and get all kinds of responses from "the check is in the mail", "we lost out accountant", "my wife will mail it tomorrow", etc. I am at a dead end and this has been going on since November.

This response was taken verbally by BBB:

After reviewing the documents submitted by Mr.****** we have verified where one of our employees informed him we would provide the $200 and we are therefore going to honor that statement. We will be cutting a check and mailing out this Friday to Mr. ******.