BBB Accredited Business since 03/01/2013

Davie Tree Service

04/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

DAVIE TREE Didn't complete the job as supposed to. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO POISON THE PEPPER TREES, AND I MADE SURE TO MENTION IT TO HIM.TO WICH HE AGREED.
FOLLOWING 2 DAYS OF THE JOB HAD TO CALL HIM TWICE; HE DIDNT SEEM TOO HAPPY; HE REPLIED HE'LL SWING BY, AND TWO DAYS LATER STILL DIDNT HEAR FEROM HIM ; CALLED HIM AGAIN , AND FOR MY SURPRISE, HE SOUNDED LIKE THE DEVIL ON THE PHONE, VERY RUDE, AND LOUD; NOT LETTING ME TALK, AND EVEN TOLD ME THAT WHAT MAKES ME THINK HE HAD TO DROP EVERYTHING HES DOING AND RUN OVERTHERE;SO I TRIED TO QUICKY SAY, EXCUSE ME , BUT YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD SWING BY , AND WE HAVENT HEARD FROM YOU; HE WAS VERY HARSH, SO I HUNG UP IN DISBELIEVE, AND THEN I SAID TO MYSELF :NO, NO,..THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, SO I CALLED HIM BACK,NOT DISRESPECTING HIM IN ANY WAY, AND EVEN WORSE DISRESPSCTED ME TELLING ME THAT NOW I BECAME A PAIN; I COULDNT BELIEVE WHAT I HEARD, AND TOLD HIM: WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY, THAT YOUR CUSTOMER IS A PAIN..??? TO WHICH HE REPLIED : YES YOU ARE ;I HUNG UP, AND HE CALLED BACK, AND WHEN I ANSEWRED HE SAID: YEAH, I AM CALLING YOU BACK SO YOU COULD YELL AT ME AND ARGUE; WHEN I ATEMPTED TO RESPOND HE WONT LET ME TALK; AT THAT POINT I HAD TO TELL HIM THAT HE WAS VERY DISRESPECTFUL, AND RUDE, AND THAT IF HE IS THE BEST ON TOWN, HOW DOES HE DARE TO TREAT THE CUSTOMERS THIS WAY,THAT I WASNT ANY LOW LIFE FOR HIM TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT; TO WHICH HE SEEMS TO BE VERY CARELESS, AND DIDNT SHOW IN ANY WAY TO BE FITTED TO DEAL WITH PUBLIC. I AM IN SHOCK WITH HIS LACK OF SKILL, AND LACK OF RESPECT WITH THE CUSTOMER; HONESTLY DONT KNOW HOW HE GETS AWAY TREATING PEOPLE_CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS.HE TALKED AT ME VERY ANGRY, WHICH I TRIED TO POINT IT OUT, AND HE KEPT ON TALKING ME,AS IF HE DID A FREE JOB; WHICH HONESTLY, I BELEIVE IT WAS OVER PRICED. REALLY HOPE YOU CAN HELP. THANKS

Finish the job, by poisoning the pepper trees as promised

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

We were hired to cut the pepper trees which we did do. The customer's husband said that he was going to be poisoning the stumps to get rid of them so I offered to put X's on the stumps to help him out. It was not part of the job. Well, we did not have a chance to do it before the job was done but I did tell the customer we would come back to do it within the week. The customer called me Tuesday, Wednesday and then Thursday morning asking when we were coming back. I went out first thing Friday morning to take care of it so everything should be resolved by now.

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

They did come out 2 days after they said the job was done to actually finish the job. The guy at the business got really crazy with my over the phone. I went to look at what they did on Friday and it is a really crappy job. They left a bunch of debris. The company was not professional about how he handled me as a customer. I don't know what else the business wants to do to make this right but I am left with a bad feeling about this experience.