In West Florida

BBB Accredited Business since 07/01/1993

Firestone Tire & Service

02/13/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper collection practices

Complaint: Lied about credit amount on card....next month credit was taken away and charged fees for being over the credit limit....bait and switch.
Had car repaired and was done good. Told I had more than enough credit for the repairs which we did...a month later they reduced my credit by $500 which put me over which then put me over my credit limit and charged me for being over my credit limit. The man at the counter told us we had enough credit to cover what needed to be done and it was. We had over $400 left on our Firestone card and the next billing cycle they dropped our account $200 below what we had on the card. And then started charging fees after that. They lied , just out right lied to our face. This is not a good practice of keeping customers. We will never go back to these scam artist again , or any Firestone.

Called both numbers listed on file, no return call at this point. Customer's complaint is with Credit First National Association. I call for clarification and was told the following.

Credit limit decreased due to late payment history. Late on 9/23, 10/22, and 11/20. The company does not charge over the limit fees. The fees were late payment fees and two have been credited back recenetly. If the customer should need any other assistance with Credit First Nationsl they should call them directly.