Pinch A Penny

05/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

At the beginning of April I was told that company would no longer be providing basic pool chemical services.
I have been receiving the basic pool chemical service for approximately a year and at the beginning of April, I was contacted by Pinch a Penny and was told that the company was no longer going to be providing the basic pool chemical service. After I was told this, I went into the business a few days later and was told the same thing by one of the clerks, ******** ****** On 4/29/14, I went to the business to make a purchase and discovered new flyers that advertised the different pool services. Included on the advertising flyers was the basic pool chemical service that I was receiving when I was told that the service was no longer being provided. The service was the same, HOWEVER, the price of the service had been increased from $49.00 per month to $59.00 per month. Seeing this after being told that the service was no longer being provided did not seat well with me and as a result, I am contacting the BBB for consideration in this matter. I was current in my payments for the service and would have continued under the agreement that I had until I was lead to believe that the service would no longer be provide. When I discovered the new advertising flyer while in the store on 4/29/14, I brought it to the attention of ******** ***** and his response was that the store was going to be terminating the service. Needless to say, I was not convinced and felt deceived about the service that I was receiving its termination.

To continue with the basic chemical pool service that I was receiving at the SAME RATE until the service is OFFICIALLY no longer provided as stated to me by the employees of the business.

We are very sorry to hear of our customer's perception of this situation which happened last month. As a small business, we periodically review our business practices and sometimes have to make decisions about the scope of our services based on the workload and employee resources that we have at the time.

It appears that the situation was not adequately explained to the customer and we wish he would have contacted us directly. We are flattered that the customer still desires our services (we are "The Perfect People for the Perfect Pool") and we will contact the customer and offer him the opportunity to resume service as he has requested. The reason for the termination of the service was never about price; we have many longstanding customers and do not raise their prices on the rare occasion that we are forced to raise our prices due to increased costs. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and apologize if there was a misunderstanding regarding this matter. We will convey our apologies to the customer directly as well.