In West Florida

BBB Accredited Business since 09/29/2008

Coast To Coast Pools

05/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: Left water on in pool causing a $471.26 water bill. I want this reimbursed.
On April 7th we arrived at our home in Sarasota Florida to find that Pointer pool service had left the water running to fill the pool for one week. On Monday I called to discuss this and what would be done regarding the water bill, and was told it would be handled to call when I received it. Today 4/15/13 I called to inform them it was $471.26 and normally runs $50. The woman I spoke to ***** said it was not their fault the timer failed and she would have to talk to her boss. I then received a call from a very rude man (whom I believe is the owner) who informed me they would not take care of the bill. They acted as if it were someone else's fault and not their own. Upon hiring them to do our pool service, we were never informed of a situation that could arise from a failing timer. I have fould not only complaints, but lawsuits for their parent company Coast to Coast pools. I will not give up without a resolution!

Contact Name and Title: President
Contact Email: ****************************
This is a simple fix and misunderstanding. We never said we wouldn't do anything about it. Our weekly pool service Tech put an automatic timer on the hose. The timer failed. Nothing our company did. The device failed. We certainly will give a water form so the county reimburses the customer and we will make up anything the county doesn't credit. I tried to call Ms. ****** and explain this but she already had it in her mind she was going to get lawyers involved. We certainly are willing to do what ever it takes to help satisfy her within reasonable means.....

This response was taken verbally by BBB:

I have already paid the utility bill because the company did not agree to do anything to help. I stand by my original complaint and have sent a copy of the bill to BBB.

We will have a check cut for the FULL amount! We won't deduct for regular use for her headache....